Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 06:17 PM   #12
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of
Re: Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeedlady View Post
If you're Christian, saying "Happy Christmas" is not a crime. It's the opposite. It's a kind person wishing you well. Christian holidays are often knocked down, as though they offend non- Christians. However, the other prominent and minor world religion don't get this treatment.
What religions are offended by Christmas, just out of curiousity? I thought that Jewish people celebrate St. Nicholas Day/Chanuka. Well, I don't celebrate anything around December, but I'm not offended by my friends who talk about Christmas all the time. It's just something we've grown used to over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeedlady
There's a general feeling in the world that Christian holidays are merely tolerated. But, conversely, we're taught to respect and honour other religions, accept that they're different (by we I do mean Christians, but also students in the school system etc.).
I do believe this is true. But there are some people that are really ethnocentric. Just the other day, some guy asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told him I didn't celebrate Christmas, and he said, "You Hindus are satanic." Now, when someone uses "weird", I can understand that, but I was really offended when he called my religion 'satanic' just because I didn't celebrate it. I mean, I still spread the cheer. I'm never offended by someone greeting me with "Merry Christmas!"
Sharingan Lord is offline   Reply With Quote