Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Itachi's status development..
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #29
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Itachi's status development..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Well, I feel like Itachi's status development is still the same in my book as he's still 1/2 of my favorite character in Naruto. SW, look at it this way... Madara needed Itachi's help just like Itachi needed Madara's help. I know that you, Shrike and a few others had ya'll hopes very high for Itachi, but this is Naruto, a show where people like Neji gets jobbed by someone who's no one near his skill level and intelligence just because of his perspective on life (not to mention Shikamaru defeating an immortal).
You are right, Nexus. I actually liked the whole "hard work surpasses genius" theme.

But there is one thing which you got wrong:
I expected much more from Itachi's character, not his abilities.
As a huge fan of Itachi's, I eagerly expected to see what is hiding behind all those mysteriousness and hidden goals.
For 384 chapters, Itachi could have had his own agenda; hidden reason for killing his clan; real reason to let Orochimaru live; reason to join Akatsuki; and much, much more.

He has been reduced to an expandable character.
How so?

Well, the whole avenger theme Sasuke had, and the whole murderer theme Itachi had, is now nothing more than a scheme of a third party character.

That instantly makes Itachi vs Sasuke battle not worthy of reading, for me, so I paused with manga for a while. Of course, I will read it later, but now, there is no more reason to read it every week since I hold no real interest in what will happen.

I am NOT saying Itachi is weak, and I am not saying that he is a pawn-he is simply a character who lost his value. Not the value he had, as a powerful character, but a value to evolve as a character.

To put it simply for people - Itachi's mystery = HUGE potential
- Itachi's development = Fail
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote