Originally Posted by Kitten
1. NaruHina: Next to no development save for the fact that they're on the same mission/in the same group, and even THEN, it seems neither have really spoken to one another.
2. Well, since Naruto is so head over heals for Sakura, I think I would consider the chances of HinaNaru nonexistent; especially since NaruSaku is no longer as one-sided as it used to be in Part 1.
3. According to you, HinaNaru also doesn't have much possibility, seeing as how it's not only one-sided, but Naruto doesn't even speak with her on a regular basis.
So, I guess according to your definition, HinaNaru applies as a "crack pairing".
...Just saying, I'm not trying to be rude or anything. >_>;
Well, Kiba and Naruto are a lot alike; they're both rambuntious and outgoing, and Kiba seems determined to get up and keep fighting, despite everything. If not, protecting the people he loves is just as important as personal growth. Kiba is pretty much what Hinata idolizes, and they know each other much better than Hinata knows Naruto; if Hinata actually opened her eyes over those two and a half years, I think Kiba's character would have a much stronger impact on her character than it currently does. And I'm finding it really difficult to continue to explain why I lke KibaHina XD
As for the ShikaIno pairing: Shikamaru and Ino are team mates, all of Team 10 has fathers that work together. They're all like childhood friends (supposedly, at least). I think it would a little demeaning to my pride (if I were a guy) when one of my teammates, whom I've known for longer than the time that we've been team mates, started cheering for a guy she hardly knows anything about. But knowing Shikamaru, he probably wouldn't have cared much. XD
I think InoChou is more canon, since it was implied that Chouji may have liked/ likes Ino after Shikamaru's promotion to Chuunin (I think).
I would let HinaFan have the honors in ripping this to shreds, but I'm bored...
1. I'm not going to take a crack at the first one... I'm not big on going through every single occurence and saying "see. You're wrong!" I'm just going to say it: YOU ARE WRONG. There has been development in NaruHina and there is a wealth of foreshadowing.
2. Naruto? Head over heels??? That's completely over the top. No one in their right mind would call Naruto's crush
on Sakura "head over heels". A lot of Naruto's feelings for Sakura, as in his crush, stem from her going after Sasuke. Therefore, it's another contest for him. He also thought she was pretty, and such things happen. There is NOTHING deeper to that than infatuation and rivalry. Now, however, he has become good friends with Sakura and the relationship they have has matured into something much more platonic in nature. There is little evidence to say that Naruto still harbors those feelings after the timeskip, discounting when he first came back, since it was immediate and therefore no new sort of relationship could have registered. HinaNaru? I thought we were talking NaruHina? I don't really know if Hinata is into that sort of stuff. XD One-sided? You still haven't provided an argument for Sakura falling for Naruto, which HAS NOT HAPPENED. Yamato's testimony can easily be discounted and practically anything else can be classified as part of their strong platonic brother-sister relationship.
3. eh, that would be a good catch, if it were not for the fact that every time they DO interact there is a very great change in the way that Naruto perceives Hinata. At first, she is a "shy, dark, weird girl." Then she is the perons who is standing up for herself and the one who Naruto vows to avenge when he fights Neji. Then she is "a person [Naruto] can really like". Next time, easily, it could be "a nice, beautiful girl".
You really shouldn't count NaruHina out solely based on the frequency of their interactions. It's only taken a couple
chapters for it to get from shy, dark, and weird to a person he can really like. It's taken hundreds
of chapters for Naruto and Sakura's relationship to get to the point they are at, which is one closer to that of close siblings than one of two lovers. That... and the foreshadowing. I'll get to explaining it eventually...
lol. Yeah, I'd probably say that HinataXNaruko
is a crack pairing, but if you are talking about NarutoXHinata, you could not have just said something less to piss me off. You make enemies quickly, don't you?
ok, so what you are saying for KibaHina is that Hinata loves Naruto's aspects and because Kiba≈Naruto, you can assume that KibaHina works??? First off, Kiba does not embody all that Hinata sees in Naruto and those aspects that he does, still, not the the same degree by any means. Kiba was never the underdog. It was always Naruto who failed and got back up. Only Naruto can be called a "proud failure", the aspect which Hinata most greatly admires about Naruto. Simply put, Kiba doesn't even measure up to Naruto.
In Shikamaru's case, it's troublesome to listen to a fangirl bantering. I know from experience. It's a drag. XD Nothing to do with jealousy.
btw, TIME TO OFFICIALIZE THE FC!!!