Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Anime/Manga Pairings FC
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 02:13 AM   #134
Highspeed0516
Chuunin

Highspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enoughHighspeed0516 will become famous soon enough
Re: Naruto Pairings FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
Couple debates, debates in general, are all going to be biased. Both sides can pull out as much evidence as they want, but so long as they remain steadfast and stubborn in their ideas, there's hardly ever going to be an ending to it. Opinions are opinions.

As for my "lame, bias, and generally bad argument", you'll have to forgive me if I'm analytically dyslexic and am not nearly as talented as you are in expressing myself properly.

@ralatone: Read a bit of it; looks good. Thanks for the rec.

Well said. However,

There are two things that can be said of pairings in an objective manner, and you can't have one without the other.

The first is that ulitmatly this is Kishimoto's story, and usually if we try and guess his intent, we can stay free of bias.

The only way we stay free of bias in this regard however is to admit to ourselves that anything he as the writer wishes to happen will. Therefore, anything that makes sense within the context of the story is possible.

This means *yay* <---- bias
NaruSaku
ShikaTema

. . .likely

It also means *boooo* <---- also bias
SasuSaku
NaruHina

. . . equally likely

and in the background there are stirrings of

well just about anything. Even the crack ones. Probably not Yaoi, cuz I don't think that would be included in Kishi's intent. But then again, he did put that one *cough* scene with Konhamaru playing a trick on Sakura. (STOP RIGHT THERE HIGHSPEED - BAD SPOILER!)

Member of the Super Smash Bro's Brawl Club

Last edited by Highspeed0516; 03-21-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Highspeed0516 is offline   Reply With Quote