Fandom Forums - View Single Post - VS thread
Thread: VS thread
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #1726
MikeyM1979
Hokage

MikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud ofMikeyM1979 has much to be proud of
Re: VS thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight View Post
I'm going to play the devil's advocate on my own pairing and go with Gai. Gai can use ninjutsu
We haven't seen what ninjutsu he can use, so there's really no point in this.

Quote:
while Lee can't, Neji doesn't, and Tenten uses only an item summoning jutsu (that we've seen so far).
Yes, however, Gai using ninjutsu that we haven't even seen doesn't mean anything, and shouldn't even be mentioned.

Quote:
Lee is definitely not Gai's equal in taijutsu, so Gai could take out Lee easy.
I recall seeing Lee outlast Gai before in their training. I don't remember where, but I know it was after the time skip, so in that sense, Gai may be in trouble.

Quote:
With his reflexes, he could dodge Tenten's explosives and catch her bladed weapons to use on Neji.
When has Gai ever used a tactic like that?

Quote:
Actually knocking her out wouldn't be too much of a problem.
True, but would he actually do that? To knock out his kunoichi student?

Quote:
Once he got around to Neji, he'd have to stay back. If Gai had no way of fighting at a distance, he probably wouldn't be a Jounin, or have even lived to the age he's at.
Right. However, he's not shown any way of fighting at any range other than close range, and that's where Neji is strong, especially with his ridiculously fast striking speed and defenses.

Quote:
Keep in mind also that he's on an even footing with Kakashi (pretty much).
It was said that they're rivals, but it was never specified in what they were rivals at. For all we know, in terms of taijutsu, Gai > Kakashi, in terms of everything else, Kakashi > Gai.

Quote:
Fighting all three students at the same time wouldn't be too much harder.
I disagree, especially since Gai has to deal with someone who isn't even his student anymore, and is now on Gai's level of rank.

Quote:
He'd just have to mix, match, and adapt strategies on the fly, which I'm sure every Jounin can do.
Indeed, just like Neji.