Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Gay brains are different
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #16
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Gay brains are different

Almost everything that I had wanted to say has already been said by Sugoi:
If you're just skimming the page: read Sugoi's first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
Sure blame it on child birth.

If you choose to be gay it's your fault not the way you were born.

I'm against this homosexual crap but seriously i don't think they should try to attribute this qualities to child birth.

Or maybe they should because that would mean homosexuality is a disease, i'm 100% for that idea.
By your logic, having a specific hair colour could be labeled a disease.

I'm going to assume you're Christian (possibly southern Baptist?), because you seem to be as closed minded as most of them, if you're not Christian you can ignore this: Homosexuality is a human mutation caused by the Fall of Man in the Garden of Eden when mankind disobeyed and rejected God, and plunged the world into sin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckboy View Post
While it could be a natural behavioral response (because experiments show data favoring that argument,) that doesn't mean you can't avoid it. After all, it is natural for us to kill each other in order to save ourselves.

I mean, I am all for equality and everything, but the argument that just because it is natural I should do it doesn't mean it is right. It comes down to your beliefs and philosophy. In the end you can override these natural responses.
I don't think anyone has made any argument about homosexuality being "right", we've just said it's decided at birth. I once read an article by a Christian man who was born homosexual, and it said basically what you're suggesting: Homosexuality is a sin, and in order to live as pure a life as possible you must repress your homosexuality. He did it, it can be done, but (without God and prayer) you cannot simply change the way you were made.

Just for the record, I am Christian.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote