Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Gay brains are different
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 07:09 PM   #30
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice
Re: Gay brains are different

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesd View Post
If there is a conclusive evidence that homosexuality is biologically rooted, Christianity should only have to admit either:

1) The God of the Bible should not have condemned homosexuality.
2) Biblical passages on homosexuality are misused; Bible is not a source of absolute truth for everything.

If God would say, "Yes, homosexuality is biological but those who were inflicted with this anomaly, this sin, should be able to change themselves with their willful prayers and repentance." I think this is a bit unfair. But then again, I'm not God. He could have higher order reasons. I'm confused!!! Thing is, I believe in God.
I laughed at #1. Christians believe that God is perfect and that He wrote the Bible Himself (through others); they can't say "Oops, sorry about that verse, we'll omit it from now on." 2 is no solution either; although Catholics already agree with it, the rest say the Bible is the only absolute source of truth since it is the only text said to be written by God.

God expects men to refrain from having sex until marriage, and to remain faithful to their wife afterwards. That goes against every man's natural raving sex drive, but He still holds them to it. Why then would it not be the same for homosexuals?
Like LN said, Christians would probably agree that Satan tainted the minds of men to try to cause them to sin, which is why we have homosexuality.

However, as Redneckboy pointed out, it could be that the Scriptures condemning homosexuality were misinterpreted. And honestly, if that turned out to be the case, I'd crack up. All this debate, all this controversy, and then we find out there was no reason for controversy.

ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote