Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on Christianity
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #40
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Edit: @Job discussion-Firstly, oh, right. Still, I'd count that as God owning Job. If I pushed a sheep into a den of wolves I'd count that as me owning a sheep even though the wolves are the ones fucking it up. Know what I mean? XD

And I'd say Satan still came out on top considering he pretty much tricked God into letting him fuck up one of his most loyal followers just so God could win a bet. They really should have left that story out...>.>
I don't think you understand that story at all. See, the validity of the story of Job is questioned. Either way, a lot of lessons can be gained from the book.

For one, you can say that God was someone mean and just there to spite Job, but you obviously haven't read to the end of the story and if you have, you are looking at the story in a biased perspective. See, while God takes everything away from Job, it humbled him. When you look at the story from the point that earthly possessions are worth nothing, then you start to understand the story. While Job lost a lot of those possessions, he gained something better. His faith strengthened to a new level, and in the end it all does work out.

The thing is, you don't even understand religion, so you would obviously not care about these values. To the person who does value religion, this story does teach some moral lessons. Another is that bad things happen to good people, but I don't feel like typing that lesson all out.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote