Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on Christianity
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 06:26 PM   #44
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I look forward to that. : )

I understand it just fine, and I totally get what lessons they were trying to get across with the story. I never said he was doing it just to be a dick, but for fuck's sake, it's pretty easy to argue that it's still a pretty dickish thing to do.

You can't say it would be a nice thing to do to someone. Most people would consider letting someone take away everything someone has worked his entire life for, killing all his children, and making him sick as shit as pretty hardcore mean, torture like shit.

Is that how an all loving God would seriously teach people lessons? That's horrible.
Love is not pamper people so that they become robots. God wants us to love him without him necessarily forcing us. See, without a low is it possible to experience a high?

Quote:
And let's not forget that God considered Job one of his best servants. Job did nothing wrong, and was a faithful follower of The Lord. Who the fuck punishes people to teach them lessons they don't even need teaching? It's not like Job was a materialistic guy or anything in the first place. That'd be like punishing your kids for cursing when they haven't cursed a day in their lives just to make sure that they know that cursing is bad. It's not that I don't understand it, it's because it's seriously fucking stupid.
He wasn't sinless...

Quote:
And those values aren't limited to religious people anyway. Morals =/= religion. I don't place much value in material possessions either and I'm fully aware that bad things can happen to good people, and I'm as non-religious as they come. I'm just as capable of understanding that shit as any religious person. Don't be ridiculous, dude.
I didn't mean it to come off as that. I was just saying that this is our moral in our religion. Morals aren't universal from person to person. Though most people have common morals. I am quite aware with that. There are just a lot of people who are materialistic. Christian and nonchristian.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote