Re: Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2
Q&A provided by saiyanisland:
1. What gameplay modes will be available in Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2?
All of the gameplay modes available in the first Clash of Ninja Revoluton will be available in this game. That includes time attack, score attack survival mode, team survival mode, and vs mode. There is also a brand new story mode featuring an original storyline. Along with all that, a few new modes will be included, one of which will be called Kumitai mode (English Translation: Sparing Mode), but information on those new modes will be revealed later.
2. What is the premise to the new storyline D3 and Tomy are offering players in Clash of Ninja Revolution 2?
The story mode was worked on in collaboration with the team that works with the original Naruto story. It's brand new and original with never before seen characters. D3/Tomy didn't go into this question any further as they plan to reveal more about it sometime in the future.
3. The game is slated to have rendered cinematic sequences. Will they be used to progress story mode??
Yes. Unlike the first Clash of Ninja game which used stagnant sequences to progress the story mode, this one will feature characters actually showing emotion as they move and talk.
4. Does each character have his or own storyline?
No. The story works in a linear fashion and you are assigned characters based on how the story's progression.
5. Can you tell us a little about the audio of the game. Will the soundtrack be similar to the first Clash of Ninja Revolution or will it be totally new? And will the game include voices from the both English and Japanese actors from the Naruto anime?
There won't be any Japanese voice actors because all of the content in the game is original to North America. The game will have the English voice actors from the anime with voices recorded just for the game. As for stage music, all of the stages that were in the first Clash of Ninja Revolution will be in this one and will feature the same background music. The new stages that will be implemented will have their own new and unique soundtrack. Also, the into sequence music, end sequence music, and menu music will all be brand new.
6. What control options will be available?
You can play Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 with the classic controller, GameCube controller, Wii Remote on it's side (NES style) and the Wii Remote + Nunchuck. Using the Wii Remote + Nunchuck controller option allows you to take advantage of the Wii's motion sensing capabilities.
7. How do the motions work?
The shake of the Wii Remote sort of works like a button. When you move the Wii Remote side to side can do a weak attack. When you are in cinematic jutsu sequence you can follow the on screen commands and do the gestures in order to make the jutsu more powerful (like the first like of Ninja Revolution). Players can also use the motions to make handsigns. There is also another feature that uses the Wii remotes motion sensing capabilities which will be revealed later.
As for the the Nunchuck controller, you can use it to deflect kunai. If your opponent throws a kunai at you, simply shake the Nunchuck, and you can deflect the kunai back at them!
8. The game will allow players to make hand signs mid-battle with the Wii Remote. Could you please elaborate on how the hand signs are made?
You have two trigger buttons on the Nunchuck controller - C and Z. If you hold both of them down, you'll go into a stance (which leaves you completely vulnerable), but gives you the opportunity to move the Wii Remote in a few different series of directions that gives your characters temporary boasts like for chakra or attack, for example. All the characters can do a chakra boost, which increases the amount of chakra they have and all the characters can do a temporary attack power boast which increases how much damage they do for a short amount of time. And than their are some specific character motions also availible like for Sasuke to activate his Sharingan
9. How is multiplayer?
The game supports local multiplayer for up to four players. So you can fight in a 4 player free-for-all, 1 vs 1 , 1 vs 2, 1 vs 3, or 2 vs 2 matches. There is no online multiplayer.
10. Why was online not implemented?
D3/TOMY decided to focus on refining the game and adding a lots more content to it. Because the game is fast paced and relies on split second decisions it would be hard to nail down that kind of thing online, so they decided to leave it out. They felt adding more content was where time was better spent invested. (It makes sense if you have ever played Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the Wii - it has major lag issues).
11. Will the game have full wide screen support?
Yes - wide screen in 480p.
12. Does the game use a new graphics engine?
It's the same graphics engine as Clash of Ninja Revolution, however, this time it does support 480p wide screen.
13. In regards to the first Clash of Ninja Revolution, one of the most immersive aspects was the ability to knock an opponent off the stage and following that up mid-flight with an extra attack or plan ahead for when they landed. Will this same mechanic be included, and if so has it been expanded on in any way?
The mechanic is still include, and has expanded in the sense that their will be more scenes to see when you knock your opponent off stage. Like the first Clash of Ninja Revolution, each stage will have two parts to it. Since their are twice as many stages in Revolution 2, their will be twice amount of background sequences which you will get to witness.
14. Are their any customizable options - cosmetic or game enhancing?
Their is one cosmetic option. You will have the ability to choose between alternate colors for the outfits the characters wear.
15. Do the developers for Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 take input or have any communication with the development teams for the Sony and Microsoft Naruto games?
There is no communication between development teams, however, their is communication and input taken from the fans of the series.
16. Will the environment have any interactive components?
Yes, their will be. For example, in the first Clash of Ninja Revolution you could hide behind boulders, and your opponent would have to break the boulder to get to you.
17. How long has Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 been in the works?
The game has been in development for around a year.
18. How many characters will be in the game and who are they?
There will be over 30 characters, including 4 characters which were made just for this game. To see the character list, go here.
19. How many stages will the game have?
Although we don't have a definite answer, we were told that Revolution 2 will have twice the amount of stages as Revolution 1. Since Revolution 1 had 8 stages, we'd say Revolution 2 has around 16 stages
"Will you be the savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned?"