Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on Christianity
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 08:48 PM   #120
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all
Re: Opinions on Christianity

From what I got out of Trey's statement must have been reading too far into it, but my underlying frustration deals with people that use logic as the sole authority for justifying an existence or means. To push it even further, it is atheist zealots that try on a daily basis to disrupt a Christian's faith with solely logic-based arguments. I wouldn't mind it so much if they were not forcing their beliefs on us expecting us to "see the light" as it were, but with their arguments comes the inevitable "he is stupid because he doesn't see the logic my way" deal.

You'll see that Christians are diverse in their acceptance of science. It is common to believe that we all believe in "some magical entity" that magically controls everything, but some believe more in a direct intervention from God than others.

For example, there is no way the Earth and man were created in seven complete rotations of the planet Earth. We have science to prove that the Earth is billions of years old. Perhaps "days" is of a different timescale, hundreds of millions of years our time? I dunno. If man is in God's own image (as said in the Bible, and image is interpreted to be more than physical appearance), perhaps God's thought process is similar as well (though infinitely superior). Due to the similarity in the thought process and the vastness in amounts of time determined to be a "day", it can be deduced that he sees time faster than we would. Why would he involve himself so deeply in a small whip of time with menial matters of revolving the Earth around the Sun in a similar orbit for billions of years?

He could just setup the system, push it forward and concentrate more on his humanity game plan. The world needed a savior, so he sent his son. The individual human needed guidance, so he sent the Holy Ghost.

EDIT: Yeah. Descartes is pretty interesting, but we don't need to go back to basics. Sadly, its been forever since PHIL 302 (the philosophy class for non-Philosophy majors. I'm trying to think of the philosopher that said that you cannot know anything without justified true belief. So in essence knowledge is only knowledge if you can justify a belief. I guess this can go either way and knowledge is not static nor is it exact.

Last edited by Freshgrease; 07-25-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote