Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on Christianity
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 10:07 AM   #126
Miburo

Re: Opinions on Christianity

@FG-You would heart some french dude. ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Anyways, there are some people out there who's sole objective is to "shed the light" on those "delluded in their faith."
I'm not doubting this, I'm sure it's true. But there's people like that on both sides. Probably more so on the faith side, if anything. I've never seen anyone who's initiated conversation with a religious person in hopes of persuading them to become non-religious. Ever. Can't say the same about the reverse though.

I know I've personally never talked about even being atheist myself unless someone was being a douchebag about God shit towards me (I actually had a person go ape-shit crazy on me for not being interested in seeing The Passion of the Christ, for fuck's sake). And even then, just like debates here, I never had any ambitions to change their beliefs.

Quote:
Science and faith should be seperated, but still have some harmony in one who wants to incorporate both (i.e; me).
Assuming you don't mean that in a "teach god shit in science class and shit as possible alternatives" kind of way, then sure. There's nothing wrong with having illogical beliefs so long as people don't try to project them into anything that actually matters beyond a strictly personal sphere of things.