View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #147
Miles T
Genin

Miles T is on a distinguished road
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veggiegirl101 View Post

I also find God and Jesus to be very cool, I see nothing wrong in that either. Even though I can't physically see God I know that He is here with me by the way that He continously shows up in my life and a person also gets to a point that even though they can't actually understand everything about God or get exactly what it is that He is doing that they will still trust in Him...having faith in Him through the good, bad, and inbetweens, just the same as he's loved us through the good, bad, and inbetweens times, He's always good and I just wanted to share that with you.

Here's something for everyone to think about :
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."(John 3:16-17)

The more that’s all said, the truer it becomes, apparently.

Your post was probably very thoughtful compared to most here. For that, I commend you. However, I urge you to reconsider your position. Religion may have been a helpful crutch for humanity in millennia past and for you yourself in your life. However, religion no longer servers any purpose that rational methods don’t. Your Christianity is merely the result of your upbringing, presumably. Don’t ascribe some mystical exception to it.

~

To Miburo, on the subject of isolated religion:

In terms of whether or not it is permissible, isolated religion is analogous to privately believing that 2+2=5. So long as such beliefs are not used to make decisions that subtract from how another valuable being would otherwise reasonably be, they are innocuous, and thus seemingly acceptable. However, as with any irrational, potentially dangerous concept, religion should not be allowed to gain sway such that it can interfere with human progress.

I suspect you’ll agree with that.

Last edited by Miles T; 08-03-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Miles T is offline   Reply With Quote