View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 03:00 AM   #150
Veggiegirl101
Academy Student

Veggiegirl101 is on a distinguished road
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
There's a pretty huge difference between a conscious being that is all powerful and has the ability to do anything, and an emotion. They're really not comparable, at all.

But if you're saying God isn't actually a real entity at all, and is instead just a feeling or idea that people get, then I'm cool with that.
When you say that there is a "huge difference between a conscious being that is all powerful and has the ability to do anything and an emotion..."

I was not saying that God and Jesus are simply an emotion or an idea, they are much much more than that. I will never say that God is just an idea/emotion or Jesus is just an idea/emotion or that the Holy Spirit is just an idea/emotion becuase that is not true. So if when I said," On top of this I see Jesus as the real deal, as in He is real love. When He speaks I hear love and by His actions I see love...", their was a misunderstanding their about what I was trying to say. This is what I meant by saying that when I read the Bible and when Jesus speaks I hear love and by his actions I see love and in result I see Jesus Christ as the real deal. I meant that Jesus Christ lives love and He teaches those who are willing to look and see what real love is all about. By watching Him a person can learn what real love looks like and what it is all about. His life is blameless, He did nothing wrong, not one thing, yet he was rejected by some of the Jews, in the Bible Jesus says,
"42Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures:
" 'The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone;
the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes'?"(Matthew 21:42)
He was rejected by some of the people that He came down to save, actually some of the leading Jews, Pharices, Saudeces, Teachers of the Law, and some of the people were the ones who wanted him killed. "31 Again some of the people picked up stones to kill Jesus. 32 But he said to them, "I have done many good works from the Father. Which of these good works are you killing me for?" (John 10:31-32)

This is what gets to me, while we were still sinner's, out there doing all kinds of things that arent what he would have us to do, before we even knew who Jesus was He knew us, and he loved us enough even though we were sinners to die in our place, to take our place on the cross, and by doing this we were all saved from death if we just accept Him. It's been paid for already, Jesus Christ died for all of humanity and according to the Bible, "9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

That's the best news I ever heard in my life, I don't know about you but I sure am happy that I'll be living forever thanks to what Jesus has done.

So what I was saying earlier about when I hear Jesus speak I hear love, and by his actions I see love, I'm saying that when I hear love, I'm hearing Jesus's love for us by telling us the truth. Someone that loves you tell's you the truth especially if it's to save you from something bad. Christ teaches people how to live the right way and to follow Him because He is The Way to Life and to the Father/God. If He didn't care why would He say it in the first place? In the book of Revelation Jesus says,
"19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."(Revelation 3:19-20)

When I said by his actions I see love I mean exactly what I'm saying. By what Jesus did and what he still does I see His love for us in it. To me one of the greatest example's that I see is when Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins. That is action that shows real love.

"36Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place."

37"You are a king, then!" said Pilate.
Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.""(John 18: 36-37)

An innocent man who is more than just a mere man lived a humble life even though he is Great and He is really a king he took the place and suffered the punishment that every one else should of had to of gone through but ,"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

There are more reasons/actions that show God and Jesus's love for us other than this, although I see this as the greatest of all.

God is all powerful, all knowing, good, grace, merciful, righteous, patient, and loving. Their is more to Him than I know right now but as I get closer to Jesus I'll learn more about who God is as well. I do know that our logical minds can not fully comprehend Him or all of His ways because His ways and thoughts are higher than ours. Even though he is Great and wonderful, all powerful, all knowing...etc He still loves us, it is possible for God to be all powerful and loving at the same time. God is a loving Father to his children after all.

Last edited by Veggiegirl101; 08-05-2008 at 03:02 AM.
Veggiegirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote