Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on Christianity
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 03:20 AM   #152
Trey
Legendary

Trey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to beholdTrey is a splendid one to behold
Re: Opinions on Christianity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles T View Post
In terms of whether or not it is permissible, isolated religion is analogous to privately believing that 2+2=5. So long as such beliefs are not used to make decisions that subtract from how another valuable being would otherwise reasonably be, they are innocuous, and thus seemingly acceptable. However, as with any irrational, potentially dangerous concept, religion should not be allowed to gain sway such that it can interfere with human progress.

I suspect you’ll agree with that.
Uh, no. No matter how hard you believe two plus two equals five, it won't come true. You've read too much Nineteen Eighty-Four. At least when I believe in a higher power, some one just can't come along and say "no." They can't disprove him, or give me irrefutable evidence he doesn't exist in any way, shape, or form.

Really, religion isn't as bad as you people make it out to be.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote