Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Legend of Zelda FC
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #1542
Sharingan Lord
I'm done. Byeeee.

Sharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud ofSharingan Lord has much to be proud of
Re: The Legend of Zelda FC

I've never actually used the Chu-Chu Jelly. Or tried to get it.
I don't know if this has been discussed, but what was your favorite cutscene in any or each of the games? I have quite a bit and was wondering if anybody else enjoyed watching them like me.

And, an interesting article from The Hylia (from about three weeks ago).

New Zelda/Philosophy Book on the Horizon
Quote:
By: DSCUBED
You knew it was coming. You knew it was inevitable.

Well, maybe you didn’t, but if you did, then might I suggest a trip to Las Vegas?

To be honest, when I heard about this, I almost did not believe that such a book would ever come into existence, but it has.

According to Amazon.com, a book entitled, “The Legend of Zelda and Philosophy” by Luke Cuddy will be released on November 28th of this year. The publisher’s site lists it as just “Fall ’08.”

At any rate, this will be a cool read and is certainly a change of pace. Here is the description from Amazon:

“With both young and adult gamers as loyal fans, The Legend of Zelda is one of the most beloved video game series ever created. The contributors to this volume consider the following questions and more: What is the nature of the gamer’s connection to Link? Does Link have a will, or do gamers project their wills onto him? How does the gamer experience the game? Do the rules of logic apply in the game world? How is space created and distributed in Hyrule (the fictional land in which the game takes place)? How does time function? Is Zelda art? Can Hyrule be seen as an ideal society? Can the game be enjoyable without winning? The Legend of Zelda and Philosophy not only appeals to Zelda fans and philosophers but also puts video games on the philosophical map as a serious area of study.”

The book will be 288 pages long and is being published by Open Court Publishing.

I am currently trying to get in touch with the publisher and author and intend to keep you guys posted. I would like to review the book for TheHylia and so be sure to stay tuned for that!

Amazon.com page

Publisher page
Sharingan Lord is offline   Reply With Quote