Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Do you consider Avatar: The Last Airbender an Anime?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #18
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Re: Do you consider Avatar: The Last Airbender an Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0w_Hunter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight
I honestly don't get what people have against American voice actors. They really don't do a bad job. Even in dubbed anime, it's rare for me to hear a voice I really hate (Shino from Naruto is one example). And there have been Japanese voices I hated too (Kisame). I honestly think a lot of people who claim to hate the voice actors in dubs say it because everyone else says it, or because they're more used to the original Japanese voices. But Americans do a satisfactory job overall.
I can honestly say that american voice actors do not bother me because i'm more used to japanese voices, or because everyone else says so. I just think they all sound so fake and forced.

In japan, people ASPIRE to be voice actors. it's a dream for some and they can make a decent living doing it.

In America, all we get are those failed actors who need cash. Now i realize that not ALL are like that, it just seems to be the majority.
I don't have a problem with American voice actors either. The thing that bothers me the most is the choices that some people in the anime industry, like Funimation, make lousy choices (a lot of the times but not always) when it comes to pairing up characters to the right voice actor that's perfect for the role. A good example of good character-to-voice actor pairing would be Dragonball Z (some might argue with me on that), I believe the the voice actors that helped dubb this anime did a phenomenal job at this. Its the reason why it was so successful in the US for a really long time.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote