Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Databook 3
Thread: Databook 3
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 07:21 AM   #15
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,848 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Databook 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocy
Page 108
Main title: His existence was sublimated in a blinding flash…!!

Top half of the page:
Title: View on Art

Topmost Picture Caption: Deidara respects fellow artists. He thinks that collaborating with other artists will bring fresh impetus to his art. (i.e. He thinks that by cooperating with fellow artists, they can take art to greater heights)

Middle Picture Caption:The journey to attaining true art was a struggle for Deidara. Those who challenged Deidara’s definition of art were of no match for him. (My elaboration: Deidara had to go through a lot of trouble to be able to finally create exploding clay. As mentioned earlier, he broke several laws in Rock village by attaining and performing a forbidden jutsu to get his additional mouths. The picture above is Deidara, slightly before fighting Itachi. It means that prior to his fight with Itachi, all of Deidara’s previous opponents, mainly those who challenged his definition of art, were of no match to him.)

Bottom Picture Captioneidara has an unwavering determination with regard to his Art. Repeated repudiations of his art made him erupt with rage. (i.e. the fact that Sasuke overcame all of Deidara’s art made him so angry that he lost his sanity.)

Text: Deidara bases his actions on his view of art. Deidara believes that [one’s own work is the best]. He decided to stay in Akatsuki because the organization shares this mantra too. (My elaboration: Dei thinks that being in Akatsuki gives him more freedom than staying in Iwagakure. As in the organization wouldn’t force him to learn a new technique, or force him to discard an old one. The organization believes in giving its members the freedom to hone their own skills.)

Text: Each member of Akatsuki has their own unique talents. For Deidara, his unique talent is his flawless art. Furthermore, Akatsuki’s goal of collecting Bijuu gives Deidara more opportunities to fight strong opponents. The reward of gaining more battle experience also served as a great impetus for Deidara to stay in Akatsuki. Deidara is proud to be in the “artist group” of Akatsuki.

Bottom half of the page:
Title: Ultimate Art

Picture Caption: He bravely spread open both hands to show his [Ultimate Art]; true perfection.

Text: The “Sharingan”, which is unique to the “Uchiha” clan, disregarded Deidara’s art. Seeing his art being disregarded like that shattered Deidara’s heart to pieces. He felt that his reputation had just been dealt with a strong blow. Being the proud artist that he was, he would never admit defeat to the Sharingan. His final move was an act of impulse. He was determined to prove that his art was superior to the Sharingan. Now, having changed into the [Incarnation of Art], when Deidara looked back and evaluated the significance of his life, he realized that there was nothing. On the other hand, to be sublimed into a flash of light was like holding one’s own works in his arms, and being admired and praised by everyone. (Me: At least we know that he died somewhat happy…)

Text: That is because when everyone sees a tall tower of light against the sky, the horror that they feel will be forever be engraved in their minds.

Page 244
Secret Ninjutsu: Exploding Clay
Rank not indicated
Type: all (offense, defence, complementary, short, mid and long range)
User: Deidara

Main title: The joy of destroying enemies by explosions! Perfect art is the interweaving of molding and destroying pretty clay models.

Top Picture caption: Deidara has a mouth on both his right and left hands. He usually uses his left hand mouth though. (Me: Does this mean that he is left handed??)

Bottom Picture Caption: Deidara can control when to set off the explosion.

Text: Art – is when an object gets sublimated in an instant…it is a “bang”! The combination of that view with Ninjutsu gives birth to “exploding clay”. Deidara has several mouths (the word used means several and plural. We know that he has 4 mouths from the manga) that chew and mix his chakra together with his clay to create exploding clay. Deidara uses the exploding clay to create a variety of models. He then yells “Katsu” to create a gigantic explosion from these clay objects. The clay models make attacking on land, sea and air possible because Deidara can direct them like a remote control by using his Chakra. The destructiveness of Deidara’s exploding clay is dependent on the level of chakra that was mixed into the clay. (C1 to C4 refer to the levels of chakra that Deidara uses to infuse with his clay)

Page 245
Main Title: Destructiveness of “exploding clay” varies in accordance to the level of Chakra used!!

C1
The explosive power of this type of exploding clay is small. Hence, it is chiefly used in covert actions such as surprise attacks. The design of the bombs tends to take the shape of a beetle. (Me: I always thought that they were spiders…)

C2
Deidara rides on the back of a huge dragon made from exploding clay. The target is pursued with guided missiles, which are vomited out from the dragon’s mouth. Cooperation with a partner, who will set up land mines beforehand, will allow this move to leave a maximum impact.

C3
Picture caption: Deidara boasted that the explosive power of the C3 was so formidable that he managed to annihilate his hometown by it. (里 means hometown and village. I am more inclined to believing that it refers to hometown here. I will check this out again once I get the Chinese databook. Or hopefully someone else who is better in Japanese can translate this bit for us).

Text: This move consists of a huge clay model falling from the sky onto the target. Although it looks simple, it boasts the largest explosive power. (Me: Largest in comparison to C1 to C4. CO definitely causes a bigger explosion that C3) This exploding clay model, which follows the design of a doll, takes the scale and the beauty of an explosion to its utmost limit, and eliminates all that is considered as useless.

C4
Picture caption: When the clay figure explodes, tiny bombs scatter and spread over a wide range.

Text: The exploding clay takes the form of Deidara’s own appearance. When the huge Deidara-like form explodes, ultra-small bombs are scattered over a wide range. These nano-sized bombs cannot be seen by an ordinary person’s eyes. Once inhaled in, the bombs will go to every passage in the target’s body. Countless tiny explosions occur at the cellular level inside the body, causing destruction from the inside. It is only at the point of death that the target realizes that he has been attacked.

Page 262:
Secret Ninjutsu: CO
Type of jutsu: Offense type.
Range: From short to long.
User: Deidara
Title: An amazing explosion at the cost of the user’s life!

First Picture caption: The chest mouth can mix a large amount of Chakra with clay because it is directly connected to the heart.

Second Picture caption: Deidara sacrificed his life to become a great explosion that pierced the heavens and carved a mark on earth.

Text: The “CO”. This ninjutsu boasts the highest level of destruction from Deidara’s “exploding clay”. It is his “Ultimate Art”, and also a demonstration of his self-worth. The art he creates with his chest mouth differs from the kind created by his hand mouths. In this jutsu, chakra is taken directly from the central part of Deidara’s chakra system and kneaded with clay in his chest mouth. This process continues without stopping until the moment of the explosion. (My elaboration: The chakra system consists of channels that connect to the vital points in one’s body. I think that after chakra was kneaded into clay to make it explosive, the resultant explosive clay was absorbed into Deidara’s chakra system. That’s why his veins, which I think are actually his chakra channels, started to show.) In short, the explosion happens from inside Deidara’s body. This ninjutsu showcases the brilliance of his life’s work, and it also sublimates his being along with the surroundings.
There is too many Deidara pages.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote