Fandom Forums - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 06:47 AM   #3
KatrinaKatt
▫◊▫ Uchiha Kitty ▫◊▫

KatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the roughKatrinaKatt is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime28 View Post
Let me be the first to say if God wanted to punish us, why wait until 2012? He could do it right now as I type this and he could do it as we sleep or do some personal things. He could do it tomorrow. There is no idea when or where he'll do it.No one never said anything about him hitting the entire world. He do do America, Asia, India or wherever he wanted to.
I agree that this myth does stem from the Mayan Calander.

However, on a more philosophical note: God, or any time of supreme omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent being is beyond time. He would know your entire life as He gave it to you from Birth.

Let's say God was angry at us for our arrogance, intolerant hatred toward our own-- or, for many such things.

Moreover, if God was angry at us, the time in which he "ends us" doesn't matter to him-- just that it happens. For instance, he could have decided 50 years ago (in our understanding of Time) that we can never Repent for our sins and set a large Comet on a collision course with Earth. As unfortunate as that may be, it could take 5, 10, 25, 100, or 1000 years before it hits us. To God, it would not and should not matter. For all we know, 2012 could be the year it hits ^.^

-----

I try not to preach religion, but knowing best of only Christian faith to a minor degree myself: Death is suppose to be beautiful. One should not fear death (not in the suicidal maniac type of way).

Be it either to believe in a God or not, the fact of the matter is: Humans are inherently stupid ^.^ and Paranoid. People will draw lines to things and make conclusions that aren't true. Heck, I may have done several just typing this up!

Clearly, there are hundreds if not thousands of theories, predictions, "premonitions" of how the world ends. Most of them are different; and many of them are inspired by other theories, predictions, or "premonitions" that their Author heard of.

I personally just ignore them. You cannot, and should not live a life of fear in that sense. When your time comes, it's come. This is my opinion, but I believe everything happens for a reason.

Uchiha Kitty ^.^
WARNING: Looking into her eyes MAY forcefully cause you to add to her Reputation
(And, receive some back as a result!... Make sure to leave your name!)

Mission: Deliver this Top Secret Scroll
Do not open!

Bzzzzzt!

As you open the scroll you realize it's a trap! A bright light flashes, and you feel the uncontrollable urge to pass Reputation to KatrinaKatt.

Hours later, after the scroll's power wears off on you, you realize what had happened. "Darn it!! That Uchiha Kitty got me again!"

Curiosity killed the Cat, after all.

Last edited by KatrinaKatt; 10-18-2008 at 06:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to KatrinaKatt For This Useful Post:
-sasuke (06-24-2010)