Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Disappointment Over Wii Gift Ends in Christmas Brawl
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 06:47 AM   #1
The Assassins Curse
The Coffee Man

The Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the rough
Disappointment Over Wii Gift Ends in Christmas Brawl

Quote:
A Portsmouth, N.H., couple was arrested on Christmas Day after a gift-giving miscue erupted into a violent fist fight, the Boston Herald reports.

Police arrested Heath Blom, 26, and Randi Young, 24, and charged both with assault after finding them bruised and battered at the South Street home they share with Blom’s grandparents.

According to Portsmouth police, Blom was disappointed when he did not receive the $1,000 airplane he had asked for from his grandparents, and was underwhelmed by the gift he received from Young: a Nintendo Wii video game console.

“When he didn’t get the plane, he got really upset. He acted like a 10-year-old kid,” Young told the Herald Friday.

Blom admitted to the paper that he had disparaged the Wii, angering his girlfriend, but said that he had asked his grandparents to buy him the plane next April for his birthday.

“You can’t fly an RC plane in the snow,” he said.

An argument ensued, and Young allegedly hid the gift and began packing her bags. Insults flew, and a fist fight between the two allegedly ended in a two-story tumble down the stairs.

“He dragged me down two flights of stairs, by the hair”, Young claimed on Friday.

But Blom said, “I stood in the doorway trying to block her. She punched me in the eye. She punched me three times. I said ‘That’s it.’ And I pulled her hair.”
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...23/detail.html

so the BF was an ungrateful asshole who because he didn't get the plane he wanted and got a Wii instead threw a tantrum, got mad and hit his GF? That is fucked up, someone should take a bat to the BF's head.