It's not a rumor, it's true. Dragonball Online will be out in 2009 in the US, it have already been released in Korea as BETA. Until then I shall try to post nice trailers, pics, the characters etc. for you to see =)
This thread consists of 2 posts, be sure to see the 2nd post as well!
If you thought this thread was useful please leave a thank you post so this thread won't die if you are too lazy to do that then please leave a +rep saying thanks xD
May Contain Spoilers :P
You can see the sources at the bottom
Developer(s) NTL Inc. Bird Studio / Shueisha
Publisher(s) (Korea) CJ Internet Corporation, (Japan) Namco Bandai Games
Designer(s) Akira Toriyama (supervisor)
Korea: TBA 2008 (Beta)
Japan: TBA 2009
USA: TBA 2009
Canada: TBA 2009
Europe: TBA 2009
Austrailia: TBA 2009
Genre(s) Fantasy, MMORPG
System requirements CPU: Pentium 4 2GHz, RAM: 512MB
Dragon Ball Online
is set in Age 1000, exactly 216 years after Goku left the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai to train Uub in Age 784, in Dragon Ball Z
. During this period time, a number of notable events have occurred, including the appearance of a Majin race, the arrival of what appear to be Yardratians in the Southern Galaxy, and most recently, a gulf forming in time. The Earth has also been divided into pieces by a villainous organization known as the Dark Eye (闇の目玉, Yami no Medama
), which is lead by a mysterious individual.
It is worth noting that Dragon Ball Online ignores the events of Dragon Ball GT, and even appears to contradict some aspects of the anime (for example, the Yardratians, who did not appear in the manga, look completely different in DBO and the Dragon Ball Z anime). Due to the high level of supervision from Akira Toriyama, as well as the involvement of Bird Studios and Shueisha, DBO may actually be considered a more accurate continuation of the Dragon Ball manga.
As with other MMORPGs, players control a character avatar within a persistent game world, where they will be able to explore the landscape, search for the Dragon Balls, train to compete in the Tenkaichi Budokai, aspiring to become like the warriors of legend, as well as interacting with NPCs as well as other players. As in most MMORPGs, players will be able to obtain money and experience which will allow them to level up and obtain new abilities. Players will also be able to participate in "Timemachine Missions", in which they will receive guidance from Time Patrol Trunks (タイム・パトロール・トランクス, Taimu Patorōru Torankusu), in order to travel back in time and take part in notable aspects of the Dragon Ball history.
--=PLAYABLE RACES AND CLASSES=--
- Martial Artist (武道家, Budōka) - Fighters who specialize in martial arts, comparable to characters like Yamcha, Krillin, or Tien.
- Spiritualist (気功家, Kikōka) - Mystics who specialize in spiritual techniques, like Chaozu.
- Engineer (エンジニア, Enjinia) - Mechanics and inventors who build weapons and utilize technology, much like Bulma.
- Dragon Clan (竜族, Ryūzoku) - Members of the Namekian support caste which have special abilities including healing, such as Dende.
- Warrior (戦士, Senshi) - Members of the Namekian warrior caste, which includes Piccolo and Nail.
- Strange Majin (異魔人, Imajin) - Slender, evil-looking Majin who have a similar appearance to Majin Buu's original, pure form.
- Large Majin (大魔人, Daimajin) - Fat, happy-looking Majin who resembles Majin Buu's good form.
NOTE: You Won't Be Able To Play Saiyans :'(
--=TRAILERS, FAN VIDs, SCREENSHOTS AND LOTS MORE!=--
TRAILERS & FANVIDs:
DB Online might be released on Xbox 360!
Sources: Official site, youtube, photobucket, wikipedia, Gamespot, giantbomb.