Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Truth of the Matter
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
thegodfather2450
tale of galant jiraiya

thegodfather2450 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Truth of the Matter

He couldn’t breath. He couldn’t look up either, was too afraid. Holding his hands in front of his face he could already tell that the orange haze floated in front of them, and if he looked up he knew what he would see. Just the memory of the glowing eyes, everyone’s glowing eyes increased the fear tenfold and his throat closed up, gagging him.

“Oh god, move back! He’s going to throw up!”

“Shikamaru, Iruka-sensei is still outside putting the equipment away! We need to do something!”

“Yeah, okay. Jeez, this is so troublesome.”

Now the voices were changing, too. He had to get away from here. He kept his head down and grabbed onto the chair, struggling to function at all and failing miserably. The mutterings of the crowd started to run together into a deep bass and Naruto knew he didn’t have much time. The haze was even thicker than the last time but he could still see beyond it, and if he could see he could escape.

“What are you doing usuratonkachi?”

It was a reflex. That unique insult was only ever directed at him and only ever by one person, and several years of rivalry apparently couldn’t be beaten out of him even when he felt like dying, even when he was terrified of what he would see. He lifted his head, mouth open to retort, only to have the words ripped from his throat in a terrified sound as his brain’s flight response kicked in.

WHAT’S WRONG KID?

It wasn’t Sasuke. Not from the chest up, anyway. None of them were who they were supposed to be. Instead their faces were twisted into the form from before. Glowing orange eyes, cat-like and hateful. Rimmed with black outlines just like their mouths. Mouths with grins that stretched back to their ears and deadly teeth. He couldn’t move. He wanted to. He wanted to get away from that killer intent that radiated from the… the thing and made him feel like drowning. But his body wasn’t responding to him.

HEY. FUCKING BRAT. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?

“Mon…monster…” was all he managed to rasp out.

The thing’s grin widened and this time there was a hint of glee in the eyes. The killing intent and the haze seemed to strengthen and solidify at the same time, and Naruto could have sworn that a fox tail was beginning to form behind the body of his rival.

SCARED? It chuckled. YOU SHOULD BE FOOL. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LONG TO TAKE YOU APART? IF ONLY I COULD REACH YOU WITH MY CLAWS, I’D TEAR OFF ALL YOUR LIMBS, ONE BY ONE, AND RELISH THE SCREAMS. IMAGINE. ALL THAT STANDS BETWEEN FREEDOM AND ME IS YOU, BRAT. A FUCKING CHILD. AND YET, I STILL NEED YOU. A BRAT THAT CAN’T EVEN TAKE CARE OF ITSELF.

YOU SHOULD THANK ME YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT. I’M SAVING YOUR LIFE.

“You—“ he was shaking in terror and barely able to breath, but his body finally forced him to react, “You’re…you’re…a monster!” He crashed into the desk as he tripped on the stair down in his desperation to escape. The bodies of his classmates scrambled out of his way, their tails whipping in his face as he scrambled through them. The thing laughed a deep, barking laugh as Naruto stopped in his tracks. Blocking the doorway was the complete form of a fox, nine-tailed, flaming and crouched down ready to pounce.

DON’T YOU GET IT YET, FOOL? THEY AREN’T THE MONSTERS. IT’S YOU!

Claws outstretched, jaw open wide, the fox lunged.

Naruto screamed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Failures must be seen as amusements,they are trials which hone your skills.
The frog in the well drifts into the great ocean.
Feel pain,conteplate pain,accept pain and know pain.
Proud member of The Three Legandary Sannin Fanclub.
Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.
proud to be a member of uzumaki narutu.
proud to be member of the yondaime fc.
proud to be a kage member fc.
proud to be a sage naruto member.

thegodfather2450 is offline   Reply With Quote