Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #148
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,848 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

I see many don't even understand what overrated and underrated means.

Many people said that Sasuke is overrated.
Wait, what? Sasuke has the best shape manipulation we ever saw to date. He is fast and very skilled. His attacks are mostly lightning-based, and people say that he is like that only because of Kakashi.
Again, wait, what? Then you could say that Naruto is like he is today because of Jiraiya and Kakashi. He wouldn't do shit if they weren't there for him. Sasuke developed Kirin by himself, one of the most powerful attacks the manga showed to date.
On top of it, he has MS. Sure, he got it because of Itachi, and he would have died against Itachi if Itachi fought seriously, but so what? Naruto would loose against Itachi as well, and Itachi gave Naruto a free power-up as well. Not as powerful as Sasuke's, but still.

Fucking Sasuke bashing is retarded, and out of control. If you don't like the character, okay, but bashing his skill while he shows us very powerful attacks and good skills is like saying:"Hey, I am blind!".
I hate Pain, but his skill is yet to be matched, and he is one of the most powerful people in the manga. And Yahiko Pain's design is the best in the series.

The most overrated character is Minato, by FAR. It is true, his level is probably yet to be grasped, but it doesn't mean he was a god. He can die, and he did. Madara was stated to have space/time even grater then Minato's, but his fans will easily ignore that.

The most underrated character...well, there are many. Naruto was one of them until the last chapter came out. People continuously whined about him being so much below Sasuke, and it is true, he was. But he was never weak, it's just that he didn't get his fights. Now, he will show what it means to do battle.
Another underrated character are Sakura, Hinata, Tsunade, Deidara, and Kakashi. The main reason is that those mentioned (except Deidara), cannot take an Akatsuki 1 on 1. Yeah. So what? Akatsuki are S-ranked Shinobi. Kakashi can't fight on the same level, at least not without MS ending the fight really fast, but that's hardly happening when you are up against an Akatsuki. Doesn't mean Kakashi is weak. Haku was awesome, as someone else mentioned. He is underrated as well.
Oh yeah, Itachi is underrated because he is constantly mentioned to be nothing but Sharingan.
And of course, ANBU are highly underrated, but that's Kishi's fault.

Right, did I miss anything? A few things probably, but meh.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote