Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #154
Detcelfer
Hunter-Nin

Detcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the roughDetcelfer is a jewel in the rough
Re: Overrated/underrated Characters in Naruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Wait, what? Sasuke has the best shape manipulation we ever saw to date.
Define shape manipulation on your terms. Based on my understanding of what shape manipulation is, there is a strong list of other candidates who without question, have stronger shape manipulation. Please site with annotation.

Quote:
His attacks are mostly lightning-based, and people say that he is like that only because of Kakashi.
Are you denying that Kakashi trained him? He came up with Chidori all on his own? Interesting.

Quote:
Then you could say that Naruto is like he is today because of Jiraiya and Kakashi.

Thank you for pointing that out Captain Obvious.

Quote:
Sasuke developed Kirin by himself, one of the most powerful attacks the manga showed to date.
Prove that Sasuke did not learn it without guidence from Oro. Sasuke trained with Oro to increase his potential - the whole point of him abandoning Konoha so he could exact revenge upon Itachi. Japanese mythology as following Qin Dynasty Chinese Mythology the Kirin is the highest ranked mythological animal below the Dragon and Phoenix which are also techniques the Uchiha clan apply to their repitoire. Meaning that one can assume that this was a Uchiha technique passed down by Orochimaru. It can also be assumed then the other Uchiha had learned this technique as well.

Again, site with annotation where it says that Sasuke developed it entirely on his own and I'll stand corrected.

Quote:
If you don't like the character, okay, but bashing his skill while he shows us very powerful attacks and good skills is like saying:"Hey, I am blind!".
Oh I'm sure you've never been opinionated Its cliche to use these words but they'll do you some good. "Get over it". Sasuke and Naruto both got where they are today by standing on shoulders of giants. Both Sasuke and Naruto have massive handicap traits that put them in front of the crowd. However, we know for a fact that Naruto developed his techniques on the foundations of others and perfected them to a level thats never been achieved (with a possible exception to the sage mode perhaps but we do not know for sure). I've not seen anything that Sasuke can claim the same.

I've placed Sasukes skills on a pedestal with the slight admiration it deserves. But its crystal clear to me that Naruto's strong will overcomes the whiney and childish Sasuke we all remember. Luckily, most of those teardrops seem to be behind us.

Originally Posted by Naruto2008
... and the Jman can never be wrong.

Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.

Last edited by Detcelfer; 01-12-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Detcelfer is offline   Reply With Quote