Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Shade of the Leaf
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 07:16 AM   #37
thegodfather2450
tale of galant jiraiya

thegodfather2450 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Shade of the Leaf

-27-Sakura lifted the bottle of sake that Sasuke had procured from somewhere. He seemed a little disgruntled at sharing his stash, but a little arm-twisting was all it took before they found themselves in his living room. Getting totally trashed right then probably wasn't the best idea, but Sasuke wasn't drinking and the high level of traps she could feel humming against her skin told her that it would take a small army to break through. Tossing back a mouthful, she let it burn all the way down and blinked several times.

"Where did you get this again? It's good quality."

Sasuke gave her a look that was a cross between amused and exasperated. Naruto had been right. It was definitely the eyebrows. Naruto just snorted from where he was flat on his back, his own bottle cradled between his knees.

"Will you even remember if I tell you now?" Sasuke asked mildly as he settled in front of his couch, his long fingers cradling a ridiculous looking teacup.

Sakura waved her hand lazily, ignoring the way her peripheral vision was starting to turn fuzzy. "Sure. This can't be as bad as the time Tsunade, Shizune and I holed up in the tower and played shot games all night."

Naruto sat up so fast he wavered. "You did what?"

Sakura was impressed. The fact that he could sit up (even if he was tilting) and manage clear speech was impressive. She really thought it was unfair how her boys could burn up alcohol so quickly… even if she cheated by stimulating her liver before she even started drinking.

"Hmm. One of many learning experiences in how to hold my liquor." She blinked a little and nodded when her vision cleared. Sasuke was starring at her with those dark eyes and Naruto's mouth was agape.

"What?"

Naruto pointed a finger at her. "You turned the Hokage Tower into… into… a…a…a bar!"

Sakura snorted. "No I didn't. Tsunade did. The day she was made Hokage!"

Sasuke sighed. "I'm going to need some of that if you two don't shut up."

Two sets of eyes narrowed in on him.

"You're too much of a lightweight for this stuff." Naruto informed him merrily. "Bet you would be passed out before Sakura-chan there!"

Sakura considered the sake in her hands. She wondered if she had the control to pick the coffee table up and beat Naruto with it. Probably not. If she needed to knock down a wall she would be able to, but fine control was beyond her.

"I can out drink you, idiot."

"No you can't."

Sakura leaned forward and pointed. "Ino's birthday last year."

"You cheated!"

"Oh and like your ability to burn up alcohol like you do isn't cheating!"

"I'd already had one drinking match with Kiba!"

Sasuke reached over and steadied the jar that Naruto almost kicked over. "I'm going to cut you both off if you don't stop."

Naruto flopped back onto his back and waved a hand. "Yes, yes."

Sasuke's eyes narrowed to slits and Sakura sighed. "Behave. Both of you. I may be a bit tipsy, but that doesn't mean I can't put you both in traction. Besides, we need to talk."

Naruto sighed. "Yeah. That's right. What the hell is going on, teme?"

Sasuke took another sip of his tea. "What do you know?"

"Hyuuga. Akatsuki." Naruto lifted his fingers into the air as he rattled off one-word sentences. "Council."

"They will be announcing the new Council in the morning or late evening."

Naruto propped himself up. "Yeah, Baa-chan said that she thought the replacements were voted in. Do we know who they are?"

"Yes."

Sakura took another swallow and waited for the world to tilt back into place. "Who?"

Sasuke gave her another amused look and started to rattle off names. By the time he was done Sakura was sitting up ramrod straight and was sure her expression mirrored Naruto's open-mouthed gape.

"WHAT?"

Sasuke leaned back and sipped his tea. "I realize you’re both halfway to drunk, but I don't care to repeat myself."

"But… but…" Naruto sputtered.

Sakura stared at him. "How?"

Sakura's lips curved just a little. "I might have made a few suggestions."

"You blackmailed them?" Sakura and Naruto demanded together.

"Requested. Nicely." Sasuke corrected.

"But… but…" Naruto tried again. Sakura nudged his foot and lifted her bottle helpfully.

"Drink."

He did.

Once his expression was a little more relaxed, Sakura turned back to Sasuke. "You blackmailed the clans into putting who you... or rather Tsuande, wanted into place?"

Sasuke smirked. "I suggested a few names to the people Tsunade thought would listen."

"You sneaky snake bastard." Naruto rasped.

"I would kiss you," Sakura said seriously, "but I don't have a lot of balance right now."

Naruto grinned at her. "You can kiss me."

Sakura rolled her eyes. "Not when you're seeing three of me."

Sasuke lifted a brow in a silent question.

Naruto's smile was lecherous. "She likes me. She kissed me."

"I'm going to thump you if you don't shut up." Sakura said reasonably. "We were discussing the fact that Sasuke and Tsunade set up the council so that you could be Hokage." She paused and then added thoughtfully, "and so Hinata could take over Hyuuga."

Naruto lifted his bottle. "All the more reason for celebration!"

She couldn't argue with that. Lifting her bottle she tilted in a salute at Naruto and shivered as another mouthful burned down her throat. "Where did you get this stuff?"

"You both are staying here tonight." Sasuke informed them as he gathered, stood and took his teacup to the sink, ignoring her question. "Ibiki has a list that hasn't been completely accounted for."

Naruto cranked open an eye. "Thatsa why you wanted us drunk. Baa-chan already told us. 'Sides, Sakura-chan wants a shower!"

"Dobe." Sasuke said with a sigh. Reaching down he offered Sakura a hand. "Come on. Let's get you both sobered up."

Sakura nodded sagely and accepted his hand. She staggered into his side and blinked.

"I think that's probably a good idea. And the shower."

"Yup." Naruto agreed. He grinned. "You got any rice balls?"

Sasuke sighed.

"Your alcohol." Sakura said with a grin. She paused, and feeling brave, grinned at him mischievously. Some things you just saved for when you were a bit tipsy. Reaching out, she poked him in the abdomen. "Very nice."

"Hey! I'm the one with the abs. Sasuke has the ass, remember?"

"You should ignore him," Sakura said reasonably. "He dumber when he’s drunk."

"You just wait until I'm finished seeing three of you," Naruto warned her as he stood unsteadily. "I'm going to bend you over my knee and spank you."

Sakura lifted a brow and flexed her fingers in a silent challenge. "I can still put you through a wall."

"It'd be worth it." Naruto returned.

"No kinky sex in my apartment." Sasuke said flatly. "No kink period. No sex. You can't even hold hands."

"Ah, Sasuke! You ruin everything."

"No."

"But!"

"Naruto!" Sakura growled. "I'll rearrange your vocal cords with your lungs if you don't drop it!"

"… right." He said finally. "Is that possible?"

"We can test it if you like."

"So, Sasuke… you said something about food?"

"I hate you both."

Failures must be seen as amusements,they are trials which hone your skills.
The frog in the well drifts into the great ocean.
Feel pain,conteplate pain,accept pain and know pain.
Proud member of The Three Legandary Sannin Fanclub.
Proud member of the Jiraiya Fanclub.
proud to be a member of uzumaki narutu.
proud to be member of the yondaime fc.
proud to be a kage member fc.
proud to be a sage naruto member.

thegodfather2450 is offline   Reply With Quote