Originally Posted by ShiverX
Hehe, but hink of this possobility, Sakura takes the seat of Hookage as a favour for Naruto, because he needs to figure out this kyuubi business. He promises to take the seat ofcourse when he has. Then he starts his trip to do this with the help of the eight tails. This information he gets from the ninjas coming to tell Konoha they are going after Sasuke(because he "captured" their tailed beast and their hookages brother). Naruto learns about eight tails and controlling it. He also hears Sasuke tried to capture it and becomes enraged. Going out to help eight tails and to get his help.
Sakura in the mean time tries to rebuild Konoha and Danzo comes back attacking the village now that naruto is gone. Only Sai's warning ( he has been undercover with the roots on his own wits to help Konoha) makes it possible for Sakura to survive the attack, escaping with some key ninjas (all main characters) to form a resistance. Sasuke actually arrives at the village at the battle for Konoha and kills Danzo/root resistance. Seing that Sakura is Hookage and that Konoha is in such a bad state he spares Konoha and leaves for another goal.
And so on
My friend, you should write AU fanfics, I'd enjoy them.
This is more likely, though perhaps less entertaining:
1) Madara arrives, is hyped by killing the now reformed Nagato;
2) Konan is either killed or joins with Naruto, explaining everthing
3) Tsunade has a confrontation with ANBU Root, mini-civil war; Kakashi remains dead (we cannot have Hinata and Kakashi guys, it's way to optimistic and cheapens the severity of danger Pain provided);
4) Danzou is killed by Sai, Root is annihilated and/or reformed;
5) Switch to Team Hawk, who are on their way to Konoha as the clean-up begins and temporary mesaures are put in place;
(This is probably 445 - 465).