Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Fossil Ancestor of Humans and Primates Is 47 Million Years Old
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 09:06 PM   #26
emachina
Jounin

emachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura about
Re: Fossil Ancestor of Humans and Primates Is 47 Million Years Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
You also have to take into account the media bias that goes along with this kind of shit. There is a pretty huge bias from the religious against anything evolution related. "Secret studying" could simply mean "studying" with a negative twist to make it purposely sound shady. Researching and working on shit years before publicly announcing anything about it isn't uncommon or shady, after all.

There really isn't any reason to be skeptical about anything just yet. While it's a neat discovery, it isn't that awesome. So it really doesn't matter. If it ends up being "fake" or whatever, then we'll find out soon enough.
Agreed. We'll see where this discovery lands in a few months or so. Truth be told, I hope it is real. Massive discoveries like this are few and far between. I tend to gravitate towards spacial discoveries now, because it seems like all the really massive stuff has already been discovered here on Earth.

And, well, just yesterday scientists released details on a moderate sized black hole they're observing. Eats up more mass than two Earth's every second, if I remember correctly. While cool as hell, it's something I'll never live to see first hand. At least with this fossil, I maybe able to look at it someday.
emachina is offline   Reply With Quote