Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Are the Vasto-Lordes the arrancar that Aizen made? *Please, no spoilers*
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
TheSixthHokage
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,017 Times in 587 Posts
TheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the roughTheSixthHokage is a jewel in the rough
Re: Are the Vasto-Lordes the arrancar that Aizen made? *Please, no spoilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubman02 View Post
The English-dubbed Bleach is confusing me. They use Vasto-lorde(I don't know if I am spelling this righ, sorry if I'm not) and Arrancar interchangeably, but in the subbed English bleach it wasn't. In fact I was under the impression that there is exists actual Lords over different regions of the Hollow world and I think I even remember the arrancar looking for some during one episode. So are their other human-like hollow in the hollow world? someone help me out here please...
"Vasto Lorde

Silhouette of a Vasto Lorde

Vasto Lorde (ヴァストローデ, 最上大虚, vasuto rōde; Spanish for "vast/enormous king/lord", Japanese for "Great/Grand king of the Hollows") are the very most powerful class of Menos, and the final stage in the Menos evolutionary line. They appear almost completely humanoid, and surpass an average Captain-Class Shinigami in power, skill, and speed.

Vasto Lorde are the least common form of Menos, but the exact population is unknown. Tōshirō stated that only a few are known to exist, and are believed to reside within the very deepest parts of Hueco Mundo. Apart from the need to cannibalize even more Hollows, any special requirements for the creation of a Vasto Lorde are unknown.

Tōshirō claims that ten of them under Sōsuke Aizen's control would be enough to defeat all of the Soul Society. This is no small coincidence, as Aizen himself states to Gin Ichimaru that he needs to gather enough Vasto Lordes to complete his ten-member Espada. It seems that Aizen has important plans with them, but the only details revealed about those plans are the mere wish to gather all of them together."

Essentially, Vasto Lordes are the highest evolution of Hollows; they exist in VERY few numbers and are as powerful as an average captain-class Shinigami.

"An Arrancar is a Hollow that has removed its mask and thus gained Shinigami-like powers. The word Arrancar comes from the Spanish verb meaning "to remove" or 'to rip off.'"

Think of Arrancar as a reverse Vaizard, they were Hollows who obtained shinigami powers by removing their masks.

That's the difference.