Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Jesus, not the first
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 03:44 AM   #26
spooksies
DragonWyrm Apprentice

Location: Death is only the first step on the never ending quest towards GODHOOD.
spooksies is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Jesus, not the first

First, I will say that even though this discussion has not been posted in since february, and certain moderators are here to do nothing more than inflame the debate and tear peoples posts apart as they have no true stance on anything other than to simply further more posting, I will ignore them and their posts.

I am in the process of writing a book about the myth and history surrounding Thor and the other Nordic/Celtic Gods and Goddesses taken straight from the legends and actual historic writings. It is to be on book shelves in February 2010. It is not written like alot of books such as boring historical type books as they do not sell very well, but rather it is written in story form telling the histories and mythos.

That being said, your information is very sadly wrong bigsmoke.

Odin was/is one of three sons of the frost giant BUR the descendant of the first giant YMIR. The brothers then killed Ymir the father of all giants and reformed the earth out of YMIRs body and the oceans from his blood. Odin is the one-eyed god of wisdom, and poetry, and of battles and the slain. He is the patron of warriors, rulers, and poets. He is the lord of hosts and the god of inspiration. But he is also known as the INFLAMER, THE HOODED ONE, TERROR, WOMANIZER, THE EVILONE, OLD ONE-EYE, etc. ALL stories of Odin have some reference to him changing into someone else to sleep with some woman he felt was attractive enough. Thors mother was one such woman who Odin later blessed/cursed as becoming the goddess of earth or "mother earth", JORD.

Again and again, the stories show that Odin is not to be trusted. While he can be generous with treasures and wise counsel, he can also be treacherous, and capricious. He routinely uses deception, misdirection, and seduction to achieve his aims.
The common man looked upon Odin with respect, rather than love; only the high born chose to embrace him.

He is in no way similar to Jesus in anyway shape or form.

Thor too was not born of a virgin and in every telling and writing ever found about him, Thor repeatedly curses Odin for his bad ways and misstreatment of the human race and women in particular.

Jesus never had anything but love to say about God.

Also, if you look hard enough you find that the Egytian Gods Horus and Osiris were brothers and their father was the Sun-God Ra and his repeatedly womanizing the human females, not to mention the HUGE harem of concubines he had, has more in common with the story of Odin and his half brother Loki and their relationship with Thor, as well as the story of Hesus AND Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids, (NOT HESUS OR EROS) than it does with the Christian and biblical tellings of God and Jesus.

As for the stories of BAAL, well, he was more of a demon/devil/djinn/genie type of God legend/mythos then anything to do with the story or Jesus and the resurrection, as all of the stories about him have always been about ruling from the flames of hell and converting the entire world into a part of his kingdom. Every picture or description of him ever found describes him as more of the devil from the movie LEGEND than some form of beautiful human male. In fact the Djinn in the whole WISHMASTER movie series is based off of his legends and stories of BAAL THE DESTROYER, as well as the references to him in such games as Dungeons and Dragons and Diablo. None of these references are in anyway a JESUS style character. Can you even imagine the story of Jesus being flipped to one of the Baal demonization? It is beyond blasphemous to the whole of Christiandom!!

Quote:
AZUMI149 - Christianity was founded after its founder, Jesus Christ. and pagans have no religion, that's the reason they were called pagans. but to be fair, it is true that many Christians follow some traditions of pagans.
The Pagans do have a religion, it has actually been divided into three seperate forms of the original religious beliefs.
Much as the Christian churches have many forms of the same teaching, aka - BAPTISTS, CATHOLICS, ETC. The Pagans called themselves Druids or Shamans, that is the name of the religion, DRUIDISM/SHAMANISM, but the church classified them as pagans, then they branched and became Witches and Warlocks under WITCHCRAFT, and WICCA or WICCAN, WHICH BY THE WAY IS ONLY FOR THE FEMALE GENDER AS IT IS ALL ABOUT THE FEMALES MOON CYCLES AND THE GIVING/BIRTHING OF LIFE WITH THE SEASONS AND HARMONY OF MOTHER EARTH, AND NO MAN, EVEN A FLAGRANTLY GAY MAN LIKE ELTON JOHN, CAN GIVE BIRTH OR HAVE A VISIT FROM AUNTIE FLOW!! AND IF YOU ARE MALE AND SAY YOU ARE WICCAN THEN YOU TRULY ARE AN IDIOT!! AND THIS IS QUOTED STRAIGHT FROM THE ORIGINAL WICCAN TEXTS ON DISPLAY IN IRELAND AND WALES WHERE THIS RELIGION SPRANG FROM!!

As for the Church adopting certain traditions that is true. Go to any catholic church, even the Roman catholics, and you will see signs of celtic knotwork and four leaf clovers turned to resemble the cross like Saint Patrick used to convert so many to the church.

As for the "adopting of pagan ways", just think about where the names of the days of the week come from.

MONDAY - ORIGINALLY MARS-DAY FOR THE SET WORSHIP OF THE GOD MARS.

TUESDAY - ORIGINALLY TOMBS-DAY FOR THE SET DAY OF BURIAL. IF YOU DIED ON WEDDINGS-DAY THE BODY WAS LEFT IN A CEREMONIAL STATE OF SORTS UNTIL TOMBS-DAY FOR BURIAL, THUS OUR MORE MODERN FORM OF BURIAL CEREMONIES - AKA FUNERAL PROCESSIONS AND WAKES.

WEDNESDAY - ORIGINALLY WEDDINGS-DAY THE ONLY DAY YOU WERE ALLOWED TO GET MARRIED.

THURSDAY - ORIGINALLY THORS-DAY SET FOR THE EXPRESS WORSHIP OF THOR AND FOR THE NORSE TO GO "A-VIKING/RAIDING".

FRIDAY - ORIGINALLY THE DESIGNATED DAY FOR LOVERS UNDER WORSHIP TO ODINS WIFE FREYA OR THE PAGAN VERSION OF VALENTINES DAY.

SATURDAY - ORIGINALLY THE DAY OF WORSHIP FOR THE GOD SATURN

SUNDAY - HAS MANY DIFFERENT CLASSIFICATIONS OVER THE MILLENIA, BUT THE FIRST RECORDED WAS FOR THE EXPRESS WORSHIP OF THE SUN-GOD RA.

In different parts of the world there are different versions of the days of the week but these are the most common meanings referenced in the history books for the actual basis of how they came to be named this way.

Now for the biggy. In comparing god to allah and jehovah, they are all the same being!!! READ the Koran, the Hebrew Scrolls, Holy Bible and you will find that the Christian bible is a ROUGH translation from the INCOMPLETE Hebrew scrolls. Being as the hebrew language has no actual vouls and they are constantly finding more and more caches of scrolls completing more and more sections of big blank spots in their own religious texts/scrolls, the christian bible itself must therefore be incomplete also as it is supposed to be a DIRECT translation from these said INCOMPLETE scrolls/texts. And if you read further, the Koran actually reads as a high school/college literature cliffnotes book to the bible. All three believe in the SAME god!! Except for the minor difference of opinion of whether Jesus was just a prophet, or the actual messiah, or the Son of God.

So we have been fighting a war over this one little thing, that to me is so very stupid! This is a situation that is very VERY similar to the current war of the baptism debate:

DO YOU BAPTIZE IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE SON, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT?
IN JESUS NAME?
OR IN THE NAME OF THE ALMIGHTY LORD JEHOVAH?

Hmmm... again I say this is the same religion teaching the same thing, but with one very moot point that has had people at odds since the beginning. It even states in the bible and the hebrew scrolls that King David broke away from the temple and built his own temple to god where there was music and joyous songs to heaven and god with speaking of tongues and dancing in the aisles, and the other more 'traditional' temples claimed he was blasphemying God with these acts. But the more modern version of Davids temple is the Evangelical/Pentecostal and some extreme black baptist churches with the choir and instruments and the rightous roaring of song to the heavens and God.

Even with this incompleteness of translation from hebrew scrolls to holy bible, I believe the church is not evil, but I do believe that they are very controlling with the 'YOU WILL GO TO HELL OVER EVERY LITTLE THING YOU DO THAT IS NOT FOLLOWING THE TEN COMMANDMENTS'.

And yet, the bible says that after Jesus died on the cross, God turned his back on him and could no longer look upon his own son for he was become sin. And thusly Jesus bought our way into heaven by becoming our sin and breaking the curse of the law.

That roughly translates as - God gave us the ten commandments and it backfired. So he sent Jesus to correct that mistake. It states all over the new testament that 'AS LONG AS YOU TRULY ACCEPT JESUS AS THE LORD THY GOD, YOU WILL BE WELCOMED INTO HEAVEN.' It also states that even though we are sinners, the only truely unforgivable sin that will deny you entrance to heaven is the utter denial of jesus and god in your heart.

So, being as there it is in big bold black and white, and there is nowhere in the new testament that contradicts this simple statement, that means that as long as I truly accept jesus as my lord and savior in my heart, and that he died to take away my sin and I can no longer be viewed as a sinner due to this one supreme act, I can rape, murder, pillage, etc. and still go to heaven and be welcomed with open arms so long as I never forsake god/jesus. That to me is truly freaking awesome!!

That means that if someone hurts my daughter, i can go all 'EYE-FOR-AND-EYE' and get my revenge and the ten commandments, and the law of thou shalt not kill, is no longer valid. Hmmm... pretty interesting if I do say so myself.

Next time I post I will post the actual scripture that states this in the bible in plain old english.

Last edited by spooksies; 06-24-2009 at 03:55 AM. Reason: grammatical errors