View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #1078
ralatone
Chuunin

ralatone is on a distinguished road
Re: The Anime/Manga Pairings FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaTaijiya View Post
Well, I think if it does happen through a flashback, then it most likely that Naruto did not reciprocate her feelings. But yeah, I'd also be disappointed if it were shown in that manner... But at the moment I'm pretty disappointed in general so xD lol.
Yeah, how the relationships are being handled in general is dissapointing ~sigh~

Quote:
He did have interaction with Ino, Shino and Lee. But overall what I meant by that is that I'd just like to see all of them in the same arc again. I don't really think he's being controlled, but it may be possible that Madara has that sort of ability. After all, we don't know anything about the power of Madara's sharingan.
I'm sure a reunion of the original rookies will eventually happen, though I feel it wont be shown until later on, possibly towards the end of the series. As far as begin controlled goes, I too am skeptical, but now that he's willing to kill people so easily without any hesitation compared to when he down right refused to kill bystanders seems to have made him out of character. Thats the only reason I question whether he's being controlled or doing it out of his own choice.

Quote:
To me, regardless if she's confused, I just don't like the use of other characters stepping in. *shrugs* That's a personal preference on my part, I simply tend not to enjoy that sort of 'path' for a pairing in fiction or other manga/anime.

I will agree though that's its possible she doesn't quite know how she feels anymore about Sasuke. Considering she broke down into tears when Karui asked her what she was to Sasuke and it was revealed he had joined Akatsuki and attacked a Jinchuuriki.
No, I agree with you that I myself would have prefered her to have approached Naruto about her potential feelings, or vise versa. I think the reason why it's not shown that way is because Kishi seems set on other plot holes to really give any of the pairing's a decent foundation on development.

Quote:
Yes, Sai did agree with Shikamaru that they must step it up and shoulder some of the weight. But the focus of the conversation was on his revelation of Naruto's feelings, which to me stressed it was the main point of Sai's conversation with Sakura (from a plot point, not character intention).

Well, yes, he is certainly speaking of just what he's seen, but at the same time my point still stands that he doesn't have the prior knowledge and he doesn't know the content of the promise, or even, I think, that Sakura was/is in love with Sasuke. I know I said this last year, but it still bothers me that Kishimoto has used the two newest members of Team 07 to indicate NaruSaku, and not Kakashi or Tsunade. Still, it wouldn't be satisfying either way, since I do not enjoy the stepping in of other characters when it comes to romance... but it would make more sense if it had been one of the two I just mentioned.
Yeah, well like I said above. I think it's obvious that Kishi's focus isn't pairings, and that instead of taking the time to develop a location, moment, and situation for any one pairing could seem to him as straying too far from the main story line. Of course this is all speculation on my part, but the reasoning towards Kakashi and Tsunade not stepping in is because they know it's a really touchy subject between Naruto and Sakura as far as Sasuke. So they probably don't bring it up thinking that it's for them to settle on their own. Once again just speculation.

Quote:
Exactly, it was only at the end of Part 1 where she really caused him any pain, and that was at the PoaL. It just doesn't seem fair to Sakura's character, as she is also in a lot of pain and now Sai has made her feel very guilty concerning Naruto. After all, at the moment her Sensei is in a coma, the Rookies want to 'take out' Sasuke at all costs, and she hasn't been able to accomplish either of her goals - protect Naruto and save Sasuke... I'm a big Sakura fan so it really just seems unfair, as she is also going through a lot of pain - much like Naruto. And like Naruto, the source of that pain is Sasuke... Or at least, it always seemed that way... xD
Well you never know, when she decides to approach Naruto as far as what is going to be done with Sasuke, she might hear the truth. Naruto may explain to her how she has hurt him, (though that does seem a bit out of character on Naruto's part) or he may deny it and tell her that she hasn't caused him any pain. I mean it is possible that Sai's analyisis may be wrong or half wrong, and it would mean that Naruto would have to clear things up to Sakura to make her understand. Maybe it would ease some of her pain if Naruto just clarified his feelings, if he does feel pain from her, aswell as his decision on what will be done to Sasuke by the rookies. I mean if Naruto decides that he won't allow the rest of the rookies to attack Sasuke, then i'm sure Sakura will side with him.

Quote:
I agree, there is still a chance for NaruHina to work. Its just currently, it doesn't have the development it needs. And although I have been waiting for Hinata's confession, in the end it just seemed rather anti-climatic. I was hoping it would come later, after more interaction between the two... but it was very sweet of her to risk her life for him. Also kinda 'stupid', but love does make people take foolish chances.
Yeah, well you never know. Sakura did risk her self a while back with the 4 tails and then nothing really happend until now. So maybe that's Kishi's default approach towards pairings. One person risking them selves to save another, nothing for a while, and then some development. lol XD

Quote:
This is also possible. It does however seem to lessen Naruto's bond with Sasuke. Nothing has indicated (until now), that he is being driven to rescue Sasuke so that he can eventually confess to Sakura and feel no guilt about it... because, as he told Sai, as he told Itachi, he considers Sasuke his brother... and that is the main driving force behind Naruto's actions. Not to say that his promise to Sakura does not drive him as well - it's just I still can't see how that is whats causing him the most pain as Sai indicated... I guess until I hear it from Naruto's own mouth that Sakura is the main reason/the promise causes him the most pain, I can't accept that. xD
Well I think we can all agree that Naruto's drive to bring Sasuke back is mostly for his own personal reasons, but a little of it might be that he does want Sakura and Sasuke to be happy and smile again. Even if they are together with one another, that's just the type of guy he is, willing to step aside for the sake of others happiness. I agree with you that the promise for Sakura isn't bringing him the most pain, but since he is bottling up his emotions for her, it must cause him a little bit of pain I'm sure.

Quote:
Same here, I would like to see the two speak to each other. But considering how Sasuke is atm, I could see that conversation reaching little closure. Also it just seems unrealistic that one conversation would cause their relationship to blossom or anything romantic come of it... He's been gone for three years, a lot has changed between them. It would be anti-climatic if one conversation convinced Sasuke that Sakura was the one, you know? I would not be satisfied with that. Anyway, he is still 'lost in darkness'. I could, however, see one conversation reaffirming Sakura's drive to rescue him, but it could also indicate that she should let go of her romantic feelings. Either way, I agree, all the pairings should have their shot regardless of the outcome. And each deserves sufficient build up.
Actually, how I see it is that Sasuke could return, the two of them would have their conversation about how they felt while they were apart, and how they feel now, and they would take baby steps to recover their friendship and from there slowly ease on into romance. Because in my honest opinion, I don't belive that she has let all her feelings go for him, that there is still a little bit in her that still love's him. Can't say the same for him towards her, but as I'm sure you know, love takes time.

Quote:
Srsly, SasuKarin is lulzy.
And yes, I'm also a JiraTsu fan. <3 <3
I do want to know though what happend between the two of them that couldn't have been just stated on the spot when it was brought up by suigetsu. But still Lolz.

And as sad as it's to say, maybe will be with Jiraiya soon, well...wouldn't Dan be there too ? Ehhh....she would probably choose Dan then.

Quote:
Indeed, I wonder where Killer Bee has wandered off to? And if he realizes what is occuring? Still, it bothers me that Sasuke even made the decision to go after Killer Bee, since right after, he decided that he had no use for Madara/Akatsuki? It was just a stupid move on his part, lol. I mean really, how would it of brought him any closer to his goals... and its obvious it didn't. Sasuke used to be smarter than that is what I'm saying but I suppose it's his growing darkness that caused him to make such a rash decision.
Well you have to take into consideration that he was brain washed by Madara, especially since Itachi told him one him and Madara told him another. So he basically went with the person who didn't kill his entire family, that and Madara had info on Danzo.

Quote:
You are very welcome. lol xD
Your sig's are always really cool too ^.^ regardless of what they are I usually like them.