Fandom Forums - View Single Post - News of the Day: Obama wins nobel prize
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #14
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough
Re: News of the Day: Obama wins nobel prize

Ask what the countries in war think oh wait they already did:

Quote:
We have seen no change in his strategy for peace. He has done nothing for peace in Afghanistan. He has not taken a single step for peace in Afghanistan or to make this country stable.

We condemn the award of the Nobel Peace Prize for Obama. We condemn the institute's awarding him the peace prize. We condemn this year's peace prize as unjust.
Quote:
We are in need of actions, not sayings. If there is no fundamental and true change in American policies toward the acknowledgment of the rights of the Palestinian people, I think this prize won't move us forward or backward.
Quote:
So soon? This is too soon. He has not yet made a real input. He is still at an early stage. He is only beginning to act.

This is probably an encouragement for him to act. Let's see if he perseveres.
And the one that will make him sweat:
Quote:
We hope that he will be able to achieve peace in the Middle East and achieve Israeli withdrawal to 1967 borders and establish an independent Palestinian state on 1967 borders, with Jerusalem as its capital.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8298802.stm

All he's done is talk and he won a nobel prize? Wtf? I want world peace too can they give me an award if I say that on news channel 4?

manta is offline   Reply With Quote