Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Should school require PE for more then one year?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 12:39 AM   #10
Vanity
Succumb

Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice
Re: Should school require PE for more then one year?

@Mibs- We are born ignorant. Not fat. I still think it's lifestyle choices that have to be addressed. I think the idea would be brilliant, but I've been in school where parents became snarling packs of morons because their children had to sit down and do homework for more than 10 minutes. I can't imagine how much they'd rage when their lardy 13 year old sniveled about being physically exerted. If they do accept it, people still need to first find what's causing the issue and address it. Looking to school for a solution [which would suck to see that happen]isn't going to fix crappy health decisions.

Also, it IS a teacher's job to raise excitement about learning and to educate. It's what they're paid to do. I'm all for it if we start paying people to make our children fit, but we currently are not [and I don't see it happening properly/at all due to the 'recession' and all the utterly ridiculous cuts that are taking place], and I still believe parents and conditioning needs to fix it before we push it upon educational system. It is and would be useful, but not for the reason addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNB View Post
Vanity, who said it had to be a question of the role of government? Are you sure he wasn't looking at it as an ethical problem?
Then he needs to be more specific. Seeing as school districts are run by state governments [unless something changed since the last time I checked]. If it's privately ran, then I'd imagine that they're at their right to do as they please or what they fit because they feel it's better for the kids.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-27-2009)