Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #8256
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNB View Post
Well, now that I don't partake in religion I have not had any sort of problem. Really, I don't see how raising your hands and jumping for Jesus is any less crazy than what I did. The only difference is that their picture might look a bit happier than mine. I followed religion as if it was everything. I wasn't legalistic about it. I didn't think I would go to hell if I jacked-off or anything like that. I just thought it was bad and a betrayal to the God who loved me. It is just the perfect example of someone valuing irrationality and thinking that the more irrational you are, the better.
I was really just kidding about you needing to get your head checked, I read over it today and I think I came off kinda like a bitch, lol. My bad xD

If there was a real underlying problem that didn't relate to your previous religious beliefs then you'd definitely still have episodes every now and then.

And I'm not going to say that I disagree with you when you say that the above is also or can be considered delusional. Not going to make anymore comments cause I don't want to start a religious debate or offended the cool people on here who do follow Christianity. Anyway, I'm all for praying because I think it's a good method for self-clarification/active effort in trying to be a more moral and decent human being (even if I don't buy into the 'God is listening' aspect).

This guy however.... http://www.youtube.com/user/NightVisionPhantom

8]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
I always thought the church said it was wrong because it was like "adultery of the mind" like thinking about any one but your partner while doing something like that, was as bad as being unfaithful.

which i personally think is a good idea/belief.
cause i would, personally, be unhappy/hurt if my man thought about anyone else naked/sexually.
same goes for myself

to each his own though, some people aren't as sensative about that kind fo stuff
I think that this is an ideal 'virtue' but not really a realistic one. But it's a sweet thing to try and uphold to, especially when the couple is really in love. I know in my last real relationship I didn't have much desire to fantasize about anyone except Chris and I did generally agree that this was a true show of faithfulness, at least, I did until things started to fall apart. And then it was just hard to fantasize about him at all and I didn't have much desire to picture anyone.

Now I don't think I'd hold myself or my boyfriend to this standard. And yes, it has to do with a loss of sensitivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Wut.

Also, bahumbug.
8]

I meant that to sound as dirty as possible. xD
That and I was eating homemade beef jerky ~ lulz.

edit :: LN how is that story coming along?

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

Last edited by UchihaTaijiya; 12-26-2009 at 03:04 PM.
UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UchihaTaijiya For This Useful Post:
Miburo (12-26-2009)