Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Can rich Christians go to heaven according to the bible?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 12:04 AM   #5
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all
Re: Can rich Christians go to heaven according to the bible?

Depends on what branch of Christianity you belong to. The Baptists believe that entry to heaven is based upon your individual relationship with Christ. Then there's the "once saved always saved" and the "you should want to act x if you are truly saved...aka the 'salvation depends on your current faith'" crowds. The last one goes into "following the long and narrow path" metaphor for living.

From what I've gathered and come to believe is that there's an entry level salvation based on trust/believing/faith/etc with JC, but the level of sacrifice will be rewarded in heaven. I can't pull the verse's out of my head, but there's a story in the Old Testament about a poor widow giving tithe as well as some rich guys. She gave all that she had when plate came around, yet the rich merchants gave handfuls of coins scoffing at her. The Lord valued her tithe more because she gave from her heart and not from her status.

Overall, though, the Baptists don't believe that good deeds and charitable contributions will gain you salvation. Most of us give in the form of labor, money, and time to generally help others. If they come to believe as well, more power to them.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote