Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Can rich Christians go to heaven according to the bible?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #11
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Can rich Christians go to heaven according to the bible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakaichiro View Post
You seem to have misinterpreted my post. I in no way stated that God does not exist, which would be an atheist view. I merely stated in a round about way that the bible is not a deeper look into God's mind. Don't mistake the rejection of the bible as "truth" and rejection of religion, as the outright rejection of a Deity of some kind.

This "discussion" is around Christians (A religion) and the bible (A religious text) both of which I am arguing about. People always seem to make the assumption that by rejecting religion you are rejecting the existence of a higher being. This is not the case. You are right about one thing though, this thread assumes that you know the bible. My understanding of it is best described by Mal's words, "The rest is just fluff".

My stance is that the bible is a load of stories who's origins are anything but divine. So arguing the point of rich vs poor going to heaven, based on the word in the bible, is meaningless.
Even if I did misinterpret your views you are still coming into this thread and not arguing the point. If arguing this point is meaningless then simply don't argue it, or argue as if it isn't meaningless. It isn't like your argument is something new that no one has heard before.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
Vanity (02-15-2010)