Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #8585
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
if you took over for him for a while so he could sleep, that would be cheating, right?
second question: would they have anyways of knowing?
Yeah, probably. And I'm not doing that, and he wouldn't let me anyway. We're men of HONOR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
When you have missions lasting as long as entire months, then anaerobic stamina doesn't mean shit without the competence in aerobic stamina to back it up. But I guess it's all about survival technique at that point too, which is almost another matter entirely.
That's...er, not how it works...unless you're referring to missions that last as long as entire months consisting of jogging the entire time, or some shit. Anaerobic training also helps amplify a body's active rest efficiency. Meaning your body recovers more efficiently while doing less strenuous activity; active resting. That sounds more useful overall to me.

Aerobic training only benefits long duration, low energy, steady activities. Like long distance running and...I dunno, other unmanly shit like that. Burst-recovery activities, like pretty much any badass activity one can do, are primarily anaerobic. Even boxing, where matches can last a relatively long time, is primarily an anaerobic activity. It's not explosive energy vs. stamina, or whatever.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (01-17-2010), Servo (01-17-2010)