Fandom Forums - View Single Post - I must comment on this . . .
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #17
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,848 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: I must comment on this . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
And what the philosopher's words have been used for in the past has no relevance what-so-ever. If anything, you should be bitching about Nietzsche's poor choice of wording. He should have just said exactly what he meant if he was trying to get across a particular philosophical point. Saying "God is dead" when you mean "recent developments in modern science and the increasing secularization of European society [during Nietzsche's time] had effectively 'killed' the Christian God, who had served as the basis for meaning and value in the West for more than a thousand years, lololololol" is pretty stupid and just asking for misinterpretations.
Hm, kinda true.

You can pull all kinds of assumptions when you read "God is dead".

For example, someone might take it literally, while others may look for a hidden meaning...and guess what, they will still come to a wrong conclusion. Let's say that I think that what he wanted to tell us is that even thought believers are all around him, they still do not obey his laws, and he (god) still does nothing. So he must be dead.

That's an example of how someone might take it. And who is to say who is right or wrong? Sure, 90% are total dumbshits with their interpretations, but who cares. It's not like there is a philosopher who is completely right or wrong. Just think of your own theory or the way you see it.

Last edited by Shrike; 01-30-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote