Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Anime/Manga Pairings FC
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 03:30 AM   #1112
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Anime/Manga Pairings FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
In regards to Sakura, even though I'm not a fan of her character I do keep in mind that Kishi's idea of heroics, specially pertaining to women in his manga are different from mine.

What he hinted during the latest JF interview about making her character more heroic ( he knows people don't like Sakura that much, he said so in the interview. Not directly but in contrast to other females, specially Hinata ) has been fulfilled. She was willing to put Naruto's well being before hers for once, and put her feelings for Sasuke aside in order to do what she thought was the right thing.

But in the end she couldn't do it, and as you mentioned her dialog seemed to be her taking a bow out of the only real plot shes connected to.

That is quite frankly more than one could hope for realistically for her, in terms of being heroic. People waiting for her to level cities like the haxxed big boys will be disappointed.

No expectations = no disappointment.

Pairings will happen, but not how the fandoms expect.
Yeah, he's also mentioned that he doesn't really know how to write a heroine... I can understand that, but I do feel that his idea of female heroics is also pretty different than a lot of other shounen mangaka's out there... =/ And I know that her reference to 'a woman's heart is like the autumn skies' is from an old Japanese saying, but to me it just paints a negative image and is not my cup of tea, basically.

And what was the point of her confession to Naruto? It didn't seem genuine and though I prefer SasuSaku... I still would rather it had been real since it happened. It just makes her look like a really foolish person if it turns out to be a lie. Considering it could have been the last time she ever spoke with Naruto... who would want that to be false, in any way? Blah, that's all I can say. lol.

Oh, trust me, I don't want, nor think, Sakura's power will compare to Naruto and Sasuke's. She doesn't have to mope around though while Naruto trains, like she did previously.... Basically I just don't want her to stagnate, but I would take that over all her recent developments... I'd rather miss her than be annoyed with what she's become, like I do for other characters who don't get much spot light in Part 2 (LEEEEEEE...... lol....). Know what I mean?

I honestly can't have no expectations... but I do try to have realistic ones. xD

And from what I can tell, a good chunk of the fandoms know and agree with your last comment.

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call