Fandom Forums - View Single Post - New World Order
Thread: New World Order
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #34
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: New World Order

My thoughts on the first ten minutes of your linked video:

It started off poorly by equivocating hardcore, and then proceeded to spend 3 minutes committing the exact same fallacy. Contrary to what this video tries to tell you, all uses of the phrase "new world order" by those used as evidence do not refer to any organization. Instead, every person in the video was using the term in it's traditional meaning of "any period of history evidencing a dramatic change in world political thought and the balance of power."

Beyond the repeated fallacy, there were several varying time frames mentioned by those in the video for the creation of the "New World Order." Each of those time frames coincided with the end of a war or large meeting of nations, again matching the traditional definition of the phrase.

The mention of Batten's The New World Order that follows is not only irrelevant, but grossly misinterprets both individual passages and the overall intent of the book.

I had second thoughts about watching it when I discovered it was created by one of the morons behind Loose Change, but I watched it anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (04-21-2010)