Old 05-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #9992
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0systm View Post
Should be a good fight, If i rememeber correctly the result was pretty controversial. Machida may have won by contoversy last time but i reckon he'll go into this fight alot more prepared than the last one, he knows Rua can give him a run for his money so he's going to have to keep his wits about him and either try finish it quick or make himself stand out as an obvious choice when it comes to the judges, knowing his fighting style which is quite centric on counters he'll probably go for the latter.

That being said Rua needs to get in there and be ready for his quick counters and expect Machida to put up more of a fight this time, either way lemme know the end result =D, my nets capped i think so finding it on the sites you and manta gave me would be a pointless quest right now cause it'd take forever to load.
I think that's a pretty fair assessment. Definitely look for Rua to be more aggressive too though, I would be shocked if this went to decision again. And hell yeah it was controversial, I watched the fight with 5 guys, and all of us had Rua winning, even though 3 of them were Machida supporters. You can imagine our collective surprise lol.

I don't have anything against Machida though. I think his style is cool and unique, for mma that is. The karate based guys usually get eaten alive, but he knows what to take from it, and use effectively (which is obviously the essence of mma). I'm just a big Rua fan, when he's on top of his game, he's an absolute wrecking machine. Google Shogun vs Rampage Jackson (this was in Pride FC when soccer kicks were legal....ahhh good old Pride). Shogun physically fucking abuses him in that fight. He's also mauled the shit out of guys like the current HW Strikeforce champ Alistair Overeem twice, and Ricardo Arona.

Last edited by Servo; 05-08-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Miburo (05-08-2010), zer0systm (05-08-2010)