Originally Posted by Ero-Sage
You just come off sounding like a group of vulcans, saying "That is Illogical, your beliefs aren't logical."
Fixed. I should have made it more clear that I meant those words as towards me from all of you. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Tsuna, sorry that offended you.
Originally Posted by Tsuna
First: FUCK you.
Second: NO, you stupid piece of shit, homosexuality is NOT a choice. Any cockfuck with even the remotest semblance of common sense would realize that no one would willingly choose to be discriminated and protested against. Yes, I totally chose to be a lesbian because I enjoyed having my father tell me I'd go to hell. Yeah, I totally chose to be gay because I wanted to be ridiculed by anyone and everyone I knew.
Yeah, that makes a whole fucking lot of sense, you bigoted prick.
I was brought up in a devout Christian family. My uncle is a pastor. My aunt is the leader of the church choir. My mom was raised Catholic, spent the entirety of her grade school years in a Catholic school... but sure, I have no religious background. I do know all about your dumbass religion, I just choose not to be fucked with such ridiculous bullshit.
Our beliefs aren't logical? You're the one letting your life be led by a book written not only thousands of years ago, but also rewritten to conform to the beliefs of those cocksure new Christians who wanted everyone and everything to conform to their close-minded moral system. What proof do you have that, even if the original Bible was fact, the current one wasn't twisted by prejudice and bias?
Oh sh--That's right, you don't.
To everyone else: Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Christians. I don't have anything against religious people. I just really wish some of them weren't so fucking ignorant.
Are you saying your dad is a bigoted prick too? Or does he get a free pass.
Also, what original bible are you talking about? Are you talking about books from other prophets that were left out? ie;, the books regarding to gnosticism and other prophets? There's good reason that happened. The reason church leaders and priests decided which books would be cannon and which ones would be left out is because of how Jesus changed the church. Actually He was the start of "Christ"ianity. Before him people had to offer sacrifices in such a way it was nearly impossible to atone for ones sin to be forgiven. To fix that God came down in the human form, Jesus, and was the ultimate sacrifice as atonement for the worlds sin. Faith in that act and asking forgiveness now became the cornerstone for Gods grace, or ticket to heaven if you will. THAT IS WHY THE BOOKS THAT MAKE CANNON IN THE BIBLE WERE CHOSEN. Older prophets and the gnostics are contradictory to the meaning of Jesus dying for our sins. If your dad is a pastor you should really know all this already.
You don't have anything against Christians but its a dumbass religion full of ridiculous bullshit? Be honest with yourself and don't hide behind some flimsy apology at the end of your rant against Christians.
Originally Posted by Miburo
1. I was raised as a catholic and attended a catholic school preschool-7th grade. So good call on that one. And I have no problem with religious people. Believe in whatever stupid fairytales you like. I won't hold it against you.
2. However, I do have a problem with stupid people. If being gay is against your religion, then cool. Don't be gay. Problem solved.
3. Belittling people who harm no one in any way whatsoever for no good reason, and by that I mean no logical reason since that is the only universal way of interacting with people in a society, is stupid. It's not like being mean to stupid people, since stupidity and irrationality cause people harm.
Some people loving people of the same sex in the same way you and I do it with the opposite sex causes no harm.
4. But your religion isn't the absolute objective moral law, and the stance you're saying it takes cannot be debated in a logical way.
You just called everyone heathens and said they're going to hell. While hypocritically saying they're arrogant and have no sense of humility. No "You guys are right, logically my shit is stupid." No humbleness or sense of humility.
5. tl;dr=Way to be gay for jesus, stupid christfag.
1. Obviously it didn't sink in. Also you say you don't have a problem with religious people and in the same paragraph refer to religious people believing in "stupid fairytales" priceless.
2. I agree.
3. I apologize to everyone I've belittled its not right and I'm sorry. My emotions get the best of me sometimes and being the odd man out here against a whole forum of people pushed me too the edge and I acted irrationally.
Leading people astray and accepting sin as normal behavior degrades society by destroying its morals. Thus harming people. It makes the difference between right and wrong relative instead of absolute. Its natural for people to want the world to be shades of grey cause it relieves them of guilt and accountibility. I believe in things being black and white and people being responsible for their decisions and actions. Not justifying them thus causing a slippery slope of morality which is exactly what is happening.
4. In previous posts I have said, that I understand my beliefs are illogical to all of you and even to me in that religion is illogical. All religion calls for blind faith which is illogical.
As far as the burn in hell statement...it was just a responce to what T6H said to me at the top of the page...post 781
In regards to humilty...You should go back and read the second to last sentence of the very post your quoting. (my last post)
5. This ties in with paragraph #1.