Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Official MMA thread.
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #51
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official MMA thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasorry View Post
I said "prime" Matt Hughes in my second post, have you seen his slast few fights? Mainly him vs serra, that was the very definition of LnP. "Prime" Matt Hughes was finishing fights, not the recent one.
Uh, yeah, I've seen his last few fights. He got beat up by GSP, got beat up by Alves, and stood and struck with Renzo. None of which is remotely close to LnP. His fight with Serra wasn't LnP either. It was a while ago, but I definitely remember him getting to side control and even taking Serra's back at least once. It's not the easiest thing in the world to pass and mount a successful offense against a legit BJJ blackbelt either...Also, just checked and the fight got FotN.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
GSP has "okay" striking skills, Shields has none whatsoever. It's not really far fetched trying to waste time, because other than KO or submission, you can win by points. You would be surprised how many fighters have this mentality.
Again, not standing and striking doesn't = LnP. Doesn't matter if they're high level strikers or not.

And no. No one is going to get into mount and not try to finish the fight from such a dominate position. That's beyond stupid. Not to mention that fact that your whole premise is nothing more than a baseless accusation that you can, in no way whatsoever, back up with evidence.

Once again, you have no clue as to what you're talking about.

Quote:
At least Mayweather is a draw, can sell fights, something MMA fighters should take note of. God that Sonnen guy is annoying, even stealing lines from comedians, hope AS toys with him.
And he's one of the only boxers that can. And he's a total faggot. Not really someone I'd use to boast about boxing...

Quote:
And have you heard of that guy James Toney?
Yes. I wouldn't put any money on him doing very well in his MMA ventures, personally.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
manta (06-21-2010), Servo (06-21-2010)