Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Official MMA thread.
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #53
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official MMA thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasorry View Post
I still disagree, but then you wrestle so I get where you come from. I'm more of a fan of strikers so I have a different perspective. Maybe the usage of the term "LnP" is overused now is because of the generation of fighters today come from the wrestling background, focus on submissions and neglect striking. Most fighters think they are strikers already because they knocked someone out, but the technique is awful to watch...almost disrespectful to real strikers like AS, Shogun.
And that's what it boils down to, really. You're not a fan of the ground game. I can understand that. Bashing MMA because of your preference isn't as understandable, to put it nicely.

Logically, it's simply more intelligent to take fights to the ground. Standing, your opponent always has a puncher's chance. He is always in a position where he can fight back. It's a lot harder to knock someone out from on your back though, and nearly impossible to mount a successful offense if he's gotten side control or greater, in regards to dominate positioning. As a fighter, controlling positioning is probably the safest and smartest way to win fights, plain and simple. It's only logical that people would fight like that. (Not that everyone does. Lots of extremely successful fighters, like AS, BJ Penn, etc. don't follow that mindset.)

And of course you're not going to see as technical of striking in MMA. Strikers have to worry about being taken down, after all. Tons of shit you see in boxing just plain wouldn't be as safe to use in MMA, because you always have to worry about the shot.

Quote:
And why not Floyd? He's one of the best athletes on the planet, he may be a pussy but you can't deny his skills. And he's not the only one who can sell fights, fighters with different nationalities also sell big fights for the mere fact that they represent a country.
So? He's still a massive pussy, a racist, and an idiot. He talks shit on MMA and it's fighters, yet would get destroyed in an MMA fight. Besides, what's it matter if someone has talent if he ducks fights. And selling fights 'because they're from some country' isn't anything to brag about either. Since it says nothing of their ability or nothing positive about boxing itself.

Quote:
And I hope Toney knocks Couture out. He's not really going anywhere as you said, he just wants to get paid.
Anything is possible. I personally wouldn't put money on it happening though.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
manta (06-21-2010), Servo (06-21-2010)