Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Official MMA thread.
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #58
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough
Re: Official MMA thread.

OK so this sasorry guy says thinks that AS has good striking? I mean fuck the guy has destroyed a few opponents but he's not a boxer. Use BJ Penn as a better example for a boxing fight even a box trainer (don't remember the name the dude that speaks weird) said that BJ has really good boxing skill and he would transition nicely to boxing. Do you know who BJ Penn is sasorry?

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasorry View Post
No it really does suck now, last UFC PPV Liddell vs Franklin? Looks like running out of ideas to me.

Knockouts in MMA are a joke as well, too many glass jaws running around being punched by arm puchers.

I've wathced MMA since royce, ken, kimo, dan and my all time favorite don frye. I can tell the pride era was the best, it is international, has team rivalries and atmosphere was intense.
So you rapidly assume a PPV is bad just from it's name? If you watched it, it was one of the best UFC events on the year so far. I take it you don't watch WEC too because the names don't interest you, just a casual fan from the Pride era.

You mentioned six boxers that you think are exciting I could mention you a shit ton of mma fighters that can bring it everytime and make you stay at the edge of your seat but I guess you only see main events and call it crap if it goes bad.

Now I'm not an UFC fan I loved Pride a lot but it is gone so now I'm looking at the next best thing, right now it is not the UFC it is WEC and WEC right now is I think at the level of excitment that Pride had.

To me right now WEC>UFC & DREAM>Bellator>Strikeforce>>>>>>>>>>>box ing.

But opinions...

Also don't say that I don't watch boxing at all, In my country boxing is one of the most watched sports, if there is a boxing match every one is bound to be watching it. And I've seen most of these last events (except last night I was watching WEC) and honestly I can't stand it anymore. Boxing is dying and when Cotto, Judah and Pac get out it will be dead. I remember in the old days boxing was exciting Trinidad vs De la Hoya wow FOTY and it is still talked, Mike Tyson days and Diego Corrales(RIP) old fights were awesome but face it boxing is dying fast and now MMA is at full steam taking the show.

Last edited by manta; 06-21-2010 at 11:02 PM.
manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Miburo (06-21-2010), Servo (06-21-2010)