Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 12:30 AM   #33
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Whats wrong with being mean on a forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS
AND HAVE NO REASON TO CARE ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS
IS A REASONABLE REASON
It isn't fair to be mean to someone you don't know, and without a reason. Your reason is you don't care, but that's not reasonable. Why?

Not having a reason to care means that you don't have any kind of feeling toward being reasonable toward a stranger. You don't care about them. The reason why not caring isn't reasonable is because it's not reasonable to not have any feelings toward another's feelings. The reason why it's not reasonable to not have any feelings toward another's feelings is because you don't have a fair reason to hurt them like that. Your reason to hurt them like that obviously can't be you don't care, because that's actually what we're analyzing right now and even if you say it's that you don't care that you don't care, that's still not a fair reason toward their feelings. Once you have a good reason, it's not as unreasonable anymore. To reiterate, simply not caring can hurt them, and you have no fair reason to do that when they've done nothing to you. Is that your fault? No. Because it's kind of something in your nature. But you're naturally unreasonable when it comes to strangers' feelings, it seems. This is just how humans made the definition of reasonable. It really stems from fairness.
Quote:
IF I SEE SOMEONE DOING SOMETHING STUPID
ILL SAY THAT IS SOME STUPID SHIT
OR SOMETHING
AND IF THAT PERSONS FEELINGS GET HURT
THEN OH WELL
IM STILL NOT GIVING A SHIT ABOUT PEOPLES FEELINGS
AND YOU STILL SAID THAT IM IRRATIONAL FOR THAT
REASON
YOU ARE WRONG
And I also said there are a lot of factors to take in. As in, I didn't know the specific reasons or technicalities behind why or how you were being mean by not caring about other's feelings. Sure, if you're simply telling the truth, that's not as unreasonable. But if you don't care about people's feelings at all, and they don't deserve to be hurt in the way that your carelessness hurts them, it's pretty unreasonable. And of course, I say that being unreasonable for this case is being irrational.
Quote:
YOUVE PRESENTED NO ARGUMENT
SHOWING THAT TRULY REASONABLE PEOPLE
CARE ABOUT STRANGERS FEELINGS
AND THAT A PERSON WHO DOESNT CARE ABOUT
THOSE PEOPLES FEELINGS
IS UNREASONABLE
Hmm. I guess I'm just too retarded to comply or something.
Quote:
AGAIN
JUST SAYING THATS HOW REASONABLE PEOPLE ARE
ISNT A GOOD ARGUMENT
WHEN YOURE SUPPOSE TO BE
SHOWING WHY
ITS REASONABLE TO DO THAT
AND UNREASONABLE NOT TO
Because they don't deserve it. Random people, even if they don't share bonds with you (massively generalizing, of course) don't deserve your carelessness simply because they're random people to you. That's why it's unreasonable. It's bias. It's not fair they have to get the shit end of stick just because you don't care or don't know them. It's also unreasonable for you not to care because you have no good reason to hurt them. Not caring does equal hurting them, though not as severely as I assumed you were. So yeah, I'll admit I was wrong to call you completely irrational. But not caring is on some level, unreasonable of you, and selfish. I'll stand by that concept, at least.
Quote:
GIVE ME A REASON WHY I SHOULD
GIVE A FUCK ABOUT STRANGERS FEELINGS
Because it's the reasonable thing to do? You know, it's reasonable to care and shit. That's what reason and fairness is fucking based upon. Their whole concepts and definitions fit with this concept of 'nice-ness'. If that's not an acceptable reason for you to care, then you're obviously not that reasonable.

You do care, though. Just not a lot from what I can tell. After all, you don't go around hurting feelings for no reason at all, so that's a decent bit or rationality right there.

So as a whole: Not caring about other's isn't fair for them, it's biased of you, and that's why it's unreasonable.

Now is it reasonable of me to expect you to just magcially care? No.