Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Is it possible for man to live a moral life without religion?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #64
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Is it possible for man to live a moral life without religion?

Quote:
^It'd also be possible to have a 'subjective' individual morality so long as it's also based on reason, wouldn't you say? Which would also make for a morality without subconscious belief in those scenarios as well.
Explain what you mean by this. When I say "objective" I don't mean "thou shalt not kill." I simply mean that in one's specific situation, morally speaking, there are options that are better and worse, depending on how rational they are. When I say "objective" I simply mean that there is a defined right and wrong, which can be known to anyone. What is good for person A in his situation would also be good for person B in the same context. Both should be pursuing the same supreme values of life and pleasure, and those are values that any human, no matter where you are, should have if they want to live a "good" life as a human.

- Heraclitus

Last edited by RNB; 07-12-2010 at 05:03 PM.
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RNB For This Useful Post:
ACt (07-12-2010), Miburo (07-12-2010)