Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Is it possible for man to live a moral life without religion?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 06:28 AM   #93
Law&Order
Fear the Beard!

Law&Order will become famous soon enoughLaw&Order will become famous soon enough
Re: Is it possible for man to live a moral life without religion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
What do you mean, how?

Is it possible for men to agree on what a moral life is? Sure. People agree about shit all the time. 'What a moral life means' isn't a magical topic where someone will be incapable of ever agreeing with someone else. People are capable of agreeing on shit. This topic isn't excluded. Kind of a stupid question, really.

If you meant to ask if every single person on the planet will ever agree on a single definition of morality, then no. Probably not. Luckily, people don't have to unanimously agree on shit for shit to be logical. In fact, people all agreeing on anything doesn't seem too important in regards to much of anything. I'm sure there are people out there that still think the world is flat. I don't give a fuck if people agree about shit or not.

If you meant something else, than I dunno what it is. I'm just going with what you actually typed there. You're kinda just throwing shit out there all randomly and shit. Not sure what your angle is.
I am saying that how you define living a moral life will be different than how every other man on earth defines morality. Yeah, maybe from 5000ft away we will agree but once you get down to the minute details and situations we will disagree as to what is morally acceptable and what isn't. How do you define living a moral life? Did someone who lived 51% of their life being moral, live a moral life? The majority of his life was lived morally, was it not? Do you say there is no room for any immorality for someone to live a moral life? Where that even one instance of immorality keeps you from having lived that moral life. Where do you draw the line and the sand and say this is a moral life and this isn't? And who is to say they are right and who is wrong? Pre-marital sex is that moral and immoral? Logic says moral but their are millions of people in the world who will say its immoral. I am asking you how to determine what it means to lead a moral life and who is to say you are right or wrong? How can we even argue about being moral with or with out religion when we can't agree on the definition of what is moral or immoral?

Chuck Norris can judge a book by its cover!

- Warning -
“Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise."

Last edited by Law&Order; 07-14-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Law&Order is offline   Reply With Quote