Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Official MMA thread.
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 09:10 PM   #123
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough
Re: Official MMA thread.

^Damn, how did I miss this....

Anyway, holy shit I'm excited about the next week of MMA. First is UFC live on versus 2.

Two fights on this card I'm interested in. First is Griffin vs. Gomi. Griffin has a pretty decent resume of wins (including my boys Urijah Faber, and Clay Guida), Gomi used to be explosive as shit in Pride. Lately, lame as fuck. I like it because I want The Fireball Kid to make a comeback, but in this sport, that's unlikely.

Next, Jon Jones vs. Vladamir Matyushenko. Fuck, Jones is an absolute monster. His takedowns are amazing, his elbows and other strikes are lethal, and basically he's the next big thing. If Vlad upsets him, it will be amazing.

UFC 117- Holy hell this card is stacked.

Stefan Struve, I like this guy. He's not a total prodigy, but I think he has some great potential.

Roy Nelson vs. Junior dos Santos. Damn, both guys are solid in both standup and groundwork. I would probably place the slight edge in bjj to Nelson, and the more crisp boxing to JDS. Junior is perhaps the more refined fighter, but Roy is such a wildcard. Both are on a roll. Hard to call this one. I like both, but I'll be rooting for Nelson, something about being a fat fuck that I like

Matt Hughes vs. Ricardo Almeida. Don't care very much about this fight. UNLESS, Hughes abandons that standup crap, and sticks to what he's good at...manly grappling.

Clay Guida vs. Rafael dos Anjos. Dunno enough about dos Anjos to form a proper analysis, but I want Guida to win, being as he is one of my favorites in the UFC, period.

Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves. I hope Alves punches Fitch's head into the audience. Honestly, I dunno what Fitch thinks he will do against GSP if he gets another shot. Everything Fitch does to win matches, GSP does better, and more. If they had a rematch, GSP would more than likely beat him around the octagon, like he did the first time.

Now, Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen. There is a lot of hype behind Sonnen, but really, Silva is pretty much better at everything, except wrestling. We'll see if that's enough, don't really care much either way.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
manta (07-30-2010), Miburo (07-30-2010)