Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Official MMA thread.
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #163
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Official MMA thread.

Lol.

I do respect/appreciate his takedown technique. He does a lot of subtle wrestling things that I like. If he just incorporated more strikes into his top control I think he'd be really entertaining. For me. I <3 grappling tho.

And...When I do jujitsu I pretty much fight the same way (Except way more aggressive when it comes to passing a guy's guard. Holy shit, I hate being in guard.). Like, that last naga I went to every submission I did was a RNC after taking the guy's back and flattening him out. Because I was always on top, and there aren't tons of subs to do from there that are safe (At least not that I know of, and compared to other positions). I go for positioning over anything else, and don't want to risk losing it by going for submissions where I might give up position. So I'll do a kimura from side control, and a RNC after taking a dude's back. But I won't go for an armbar unless I know I'll definitely get it. Shit like that.

I think that is what Fitch does. Positioning over everything else. Which I believe is an extremely smart way to fight. It's just not terribly entertaining. Especially since he isn't as active when he does it, like GSP.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
manta (08-08-2010), Servo (08-08-2010)