Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Obama Strongly Backs Islam Center Near 9/11 Site
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #10
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Obama Strongly Backs Islam Center Near 9/11 Site

Imo, the gesture is on the right track. This country was founded on religious freedom (btw, I'm an Atheist, so I'm not exactly biased towards organized religion in any sense) so who are we to deny a religion, like Islam, the right to set up a place of worship. This gesture is a step in the right direction to get on good terms with the Muslim people of the world and a step in the direction of peace with the Muslim population.

I don't agree with the location for it, unless the Center will focus on raising funds for 9-11 charities and memorials as well as being their way to atone for the people that did this.

Most of the people protesting this move don't/won't realize that the people that caused 9-11 were extremists. Most Muslims aren't like that. In fact, most Muslims all but denounce Bin Laden and his terrorists. While Islam is a violent religion, so is Christianity. Both religions preach that if you don't follow them, something very bad will happen to you.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Human Rasengan (08-20-2010)